Thursday, June 11, 2026

Frames, Forecasts and Farming

It was a later start to the day with only one coffee in bed. S headed off to town with the swather part he had finally managed to remove yesterday. While it was getting repaired, he planned to enjoy a coffee with Leonard. I stayed home working on blog posts and marketing before eventually getting dressed and heading back out to Project IKEA in the shop.

I applied the transfers to the body and immediately questioned my decision. What had looked good in the package now seemed to have a blue tint once applied. I decided to leave them for a bit before making any rash decisions.


I was busy working away clear coating the organizer when B and Cooper arrived. She cleaned up Roo's paddock and then recruited me to help catch Beibs so she could trim his feet. Not long after, S arrived home around 1 with burgers for lunch, a repaired swather part, and a few groceries.


After lunch I headed back to my project, still undecided about what to do with the drawers. B offered her opinion, and I decided to trust it. Meanwhile S settled onto the couch for a rest before heading back out to the shop to install the repaired hose.


The sunshine eventually called me outside. The weather app insisted rain was coming at 4, although it was hard to believe looking around. The only clue was a line of dark clouds building in the west. After checking in on the workers, I spent some time pulling grass and weeds around the apple trees and back flower bed while enjoying the feel of the now-soft grass under my feet.

B and Cooper headed home, and I returned to my project. Not long afterward the rain arrived in earnest, dropping 1.6/10ths in short order. Good timing on her part, though perhaps not for tonight's baseball game.

One project led to another, as usual. I started thinking about taking some wooden frames to the market for future chalkboard and craft projects. The problem is I have a lot of them. That led to sorting through the pile in the spare room, cleaning them up, photographing them, and listing them on Marketplace. Hopefully selling them that way will be easier than hauling them all to the market.


S eventually came in to apply some Tiger Balm to his knee and settled onto the couch while I wrapped up my frame sorting & posting project. As the hockey game played in the background, he took charge of supper and grilled steaks while I worked on a Hometalk post for Ina's nightstand makeover, along with a few tutorials and blog posts.

Tomorrow is market day and I have lots of small items to take but no big pieces. Will that be good or bad? Time will tell.

Supper was good, and even better, I didn't have to cook. B's baseball game was cancelled because of the rain, which wasn't much of a surprise after the afternoon showers.

During second intermission, S headed out for a hot tub soak. After tidying up the kitchen as part of our supper deal, I joined him and stayed out a little longer after he went back inside for the game.

Later I started a new series that just happens to be the prequel to the book I recently finished. Once the game ended, S joined me for our farming show. Around 10, about twenty raindrops hit the window with great enthusiasm but nothing ever came of it.

Since neither of us woke up until 9 this morning, we somehow managed to stay awake until midnight before finally turning out the lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment