It was Father's Day, so happy Father's Day to all the dads in our lives, both here and in heaven.
Before long it was time to pack up camp. The wind was never stopped howling and the forecast promised another less-than-lovely weather day. I washed the few dishes, packed up the inside of the trailer, and got everything ready to roll. S hooked up, loaded the dogs, and I pulled in the slides. Soon we were on the road.
A stop at Tim Hortons was required, where I ran in and grabbed S a Farmer's Breakfast Wrap, a coffee, and his favourite apple fritter for a Father's Day breakfast.
Back at the ranch, Harley made a beeline for the water trough to rehydrate after a few days of kibble and trailer life, took care of business, and then headed straight to her kennel for a nap. Lexi was equally happy to curl up in her bed after I fed the starving cats.
The biggest surprise? We received absolutely zero rain while we were away. Just six miles from where they reportedly got an inch of rain, the ranch remained completely dry.
The rest of the morning was spent researching a new dog ramp since Harley has made it quite clear the new stairs are not something she intends to use. We also went down the RV parts rabbit hole after S snapped off the oven knob while reaching for the fridge with the slide only partially open on packing day. Apparently a replacement knob costs nearly $50. Glue may become the preferred repair method.
As we dug deeper, the list of trailer repairs continued to grow. The bathroom vent gear was apparently stripped last year, a fender still needed replacing after the tire blowout, the water pump pressure tank seemed to be acting up, and there were a few cosmetic trim pieces that had decided to detach themselves. Why do they build even expensive trailers so cheaply?
Soon S was stretched out in Big Brown enjoying a Father's Day nap.
Meanwhile, I finished and published Friday's blog and started working on the next day's entry.
After his nap, S resumed troubleshooting trailer issues. He tried filing the edges of the vent operator gear but no real luck.
I tackled a project of my own and completely disassembled the Dyson vacuum heads. The amount of hair and gunk trapped inside was honestly embarrassing, but everything was thoroughly cleaned, washed, and ready to go again. PSA - check yours :)
B and Cooper stopped by during the process and delivered us a tea. Thanks B! She braved the hurricane-force winds to feed her horses before heading back home.
S eventually located and ordered a replacement trailer fender. I suggested swapping the bathroom vent operator with the one in the main living area that we rarely use. Off to the trailer he went while I served as tool runner, flashlight holder, and cleanup crew.
The wind continued rocking the trailer the entire time we worked. Good thing it was still hitched to the three-quarter-ton truck.
Once the repairs were complete, we headed inside so I could make S's Father's Day supper request—creamed chicken. Thankfully it turned out exactly the way he wanted.
After supper, S settled into Big Brown with his laptop while I washed pots and pans and tidied the kitchen since it was his special day.
I moved to bed afterward to continue my blog catch-up. Once S joined me, we watched the thriller Echo Valley and then attempted to finish Margo's Got Money Troubles. Unfortunately, with about twenty-five minutes left in the season finale, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.















Mice can find an entrance nearly anywhere!
ReplyDeleteIt is so crazy the spaces they can fit in!!
Delete