I woke at 4:15 and checked the baby monitor only to find little miss nowhere in sight. That sent me downstairs for a quick investigation. Sure enough, her bed was empty. Armed with my phone light, I eventually found her curled up sound asleep with Shaina, looking quite pleased with her overnight relocation. Of course, once I was awake I couldn’t get back to sleep until after 5.
At 6:30 I heard a little voice calling, “Auntie, the moon is gone, it’s morning!” Then, “But Auntie, it’s sunny!” Moments later her little face appeared.
She climbed into bed and we had some snuggles and chats, with her declaring, “Auntie is grumpy.” I reminded her that Auntie has never been much of a morning person.
After our snuggle, it was painting time—with coffee, of course. Mine was regular coffee while hers was milk foam. We painted and played Bratz dolls until after 8:30 when Matt surfaced. I made him a coffee and he and Renn headed out to enjoy the sunshine on the front step. That lasted until she spotted an ant and promptly retreated indoors.
Grandpa was eventually convinced to wake and join us, and eventually Auntie got pulled into the fun with her coffee. Matt settled in downstairs to work while I grabbed a shower. Once I was ready for the day, Sheldon and Shaina enjoyed some hot tub time. The morning was beautiful, but the wind soon arrived and only got stronger as the day went on.
The Barbie Jeep also works for small kids too :)
Lunch was leftover roast beef before Shaina and I headed to town for our Mother's Day nail appointments. B arrived at the ranch to help wrangle Renn, which mostly involved art projects with a brief visit to see the horses.
Shaina’s appointment took much longer than mine, so I popped over to a gal’s place to pick up some more play food. When we got home, Renn was thrilled and immediately got busy washing and drying all the new kitchen toys.
Shaina and Matt loaded up some things after dropping others into storage. S also hooked up his code reader to her Jeep before Renn was loaded up and they headed back to the city shortly after 3:30. Little Miss fell asleep not long after on the drive.
B and I caught the horses and went for a ride in what felt like hurricane-force winds while S bombed around on the Ranger. He had loaned out the skid steer, which was returned while we were out riding.
Once we were done, B fed and headed off for the evening. We enjoyed a cold beer while I tidied up and programmed the vacuum to do its thing. Then we headed to town to meet Mom for supper.
After a nice meal, we took care of a couple of returns and then met Mom back at the house. A few rain spatters greeted us as we pulled in, but they didn’t last long. While we visited, I unloaded the dishwasher, folded some clothes, and wrote the blog at the island.
We then taught Mom a new card game we learned a few days ago which I call Slap Jack!
Eventually our visit wrapped up and it was off to bed. I read my book for a bit before turning out the lights.
























No comments:
Post a Comment