I woke for the day shortly after 6 (boo!) and enjoyed a coffee while perusing Instagram. Unfortunately, by 8 the wind had started up again, making for another ugly day outside.
I uploaded all the photos and videos for Monday's blog while S headed off to yet another rodeo concert work bee before 10.
The morning disappeared into tutorial writing, marketing, and a bit of problem solving. After a slice of leftover pizza for lunch, Harley and I braved the elements so I could toss Roo her hay bag. One look outside confirmed it was not a day I wanted to spend outdoors, so I got cozy with my book while the robot tackled the floors.
Unfortunately, the robot and I are not seeing eye to eye. It is proving to be a little subpar, mainly because it doesn't clean along the baseboard edges as it lacks an extending arm. A chat with the company confirmed there are models that do a much better job. Of course, those models also cost more money.
The cleaning adventures continued when I potted a baby monstera in with the others and managed to spill some soil on the bathroom floor. Rather than cleaning it up, the robot mostly succeeded in pushing it around.
That led to more troubleshooting and more failed cleaning attempts. Eventually I gave up, processed a return label, and added it to the list of things heading to town.
Apparently I had caught the cleaning bug by then because I moved on to vacuuming the couch, only to discover the Dyson wasn't charged. Another pivot. Once it had enough power, the couch was finally cleaned and put back together.
Harley's kennel got a refresh as well before I settled in to tackle some accounting.
S arrived home around 5 with Cooper in tow. He ate some pizza, grabbed a shower, and was headed right back to town by 6 for the monthly rodeo meeting.
Dark clouds were gathering in the west again, so I took advantage of the break in the weather and headed out with the dogs for a walk. Once back at the house, I pulled weeds before the skies looked too threatening.
B was out later than usual after making a stop at SugarMe and picking up Lexi who will be staying with us for a while. Kaylin has a secret road trip planned for Nathan's birthday and Father's day this weekend. She arrived just before 8 as the clouds moved closer. After feeding, she and Cooper were headed home within half an hour.
About thirty minutes later the rain finally arrived, although "arrived" may be giving it too much credit. It managed only .02/10ths.
The rest of the evening was spent reading the new series I started, Ever Year After. I wrapped up just before 11 when S rolled in from the rodeo meeting and the inevitable socializing that followed.
He settled in with some TV and snacks and stayed up much later than I did.




Lots of rodeo meetings to keep S busy
ReplyDeleteyep there surely is. Seems very few volunteer helpers is why
Delete