Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Tacos, Sunshine and a New Ramp

Another sunny day started in the usual fashion. A new ramp for Harley had been delivered, giving us another option to test out, while I got Monday's blog published.


Renn takes a rip on Penny

I spent the morning bustling around the garden, weeding and tossing dandelions to Roo along with her morning hay. I also picked a handful of fresh strawberries and some scallions from the garden. Meanwhile, S was out working on his tractor on the grass.

Unfortunately, the wind showed up and decided to stay for the rest of the day.

The fresh scallions made their debut in S's lunch sandwich before he settled onto the couch with the news and a laptop.

The highlight of the day came when I tested the new ramp with Harley. Much to my surprise, she walked up after only a bit of coaxing and loaded into the vehicle. Success! Now the challenge is making enough trips to justify the purchase.

I gathered up a couple of Amazon returns, including the dog stairs Harley refused to even consider using, along with the trash, and headed to town. Along the way I stopped at the gate and picked up the new trailer fender.

Returns were handled first, followed by picking up Cooper and a library book. I dropped off my returns at the library and picked up another book before grabbing a couple of iced caps and heading south, tossing the trash as I went.

Back at the ranch, I let the dogs out at the gate to walk home. I delivered an iced cap to the parts-challenged farmer surfing his phone in the shop.

Garden and hand watering was next on the agenda before I headed back inside while S was in sourcing tractor and swather parts and organizing yet another trip to Brooks for Friday. I worked on a new tutorial but have to create all new affliate product links that take up so much time,

Supper was one of our favourites—tacos.

After eating, we took advantage of the 24-degree sunshine and headed for a hot tub soak. I lenjoyed the usual fifteen minutes before hopping out to put a sprinkler on the peonies while S stayed in longer.

Back inside, I completed my weight workout and then headed for the shower while S watched baseball followed by rodeo coverage.

B arrived later in the evening to feed and spray the horses before taking Cooper home.


she's tall

I settled in with another episode of Your Friends & Neighbors until S came in and suggested we try once again to finish Shrinking. I made us a tasty yogurt bowl for the occasion, but after only another half-hour episode he was asleep.

I managed to finish the season of Your Friends & Neighbors before finally calling it a night myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment