I awoke to the sound of a coyote cacophony at 5 a.m., followed by rain. Of course when I woke for the day after 8, it was gone and the rain gauge showed only .04/10. Boo. The day was dark and gloomy with a 95% chance of rain, so we were hopeful. We enjoyed our coffees in bed before S was called to duty at the rodeo grounds.
I published Monday’s blog post, although I forgot a whole section so you may want to go back and see our evening riding and Renn memory. S enjoyed another coffee and cereal before heading to town at 10.
I balanced the credit card then headed out to the garage to work on the magazine rack. I decided to distress the edges and add dark wax to deepen the black colour. The IKEA organizer was next, getting power sanded and ready for a coat of taupe paint.
While I was organizing my paint shelves, S arrived home at noon with some cinnamon whiskey, Cooper, and the Opa lunch I had ordered.
We ate quickly, then I was back to work in the shop while S watched the news and caught a rest on the couch. At 1 the rain finally arrived, although it was on and off and only brought another .04/10ths. It did leave behind the wind, but the sun eventually came back out.
I painted the entire organizer and then sorted through boxes searching for mini screws. You never know what rabbit hole a project will lead you down.
Once the sun appeared, around 3, S ventured out to toss Roo a flake of hay and remove her boots before heading back into the shop to work on that swather. He also ran over to the winery to help lift a large cement lid off their well before returning to his swather adventure of crawling around underneath.
I moved on to staging photos of the magazine rack, updating spreadsheets and offered some spare paint to a fellow painter before getting my weight workout done. I finished up just before 6 when S came in for a cold beer and supper.
B worked late tonight and didn’t arrive until 8, just as the rain started again. Timing was not quite ideal. She ate her burger while waiting it out, then ran back out when it eased up to get the animals fed. Eventually she and Cooper headed home, with the sun coming back out with rainbows and the day’s total reaching only 1/10th of rain. All is appreciated though.
As they headed out, the robot was busy vacuuming up dog hair and we were relaxing in the golden hour sun watching, you guessed it, Clarkson’s Farm with a yogurt bowl.










I spent a lot of the day with cows/calves and remembering special days two Grandmas. 16 years pass quickly
ReplyDelete