I awoke to a sale on the little green table as well as interest in one of the ornate framed paintings. Not a bad way to start the day. I made us coffee, perfect for the dreary, cool, overcast morning. Before I was properly awake, I had already driven to the gate in my housecoat to drop off a box of jars I was giving away.
S and I squeezed in a quick workout and then, still in our housecoats, headed off on a tree tour. He is wanting to spray the ash trees for some little black bugs and we also discovered a few rolled leaves on the apple trees. If he gets the sprayer out, a few of those may get treated too.
Then it was time to shower and get ready for the big weekend.
My morning was spent finishing tags, boxing items, and getting everything ready for the market. I also snapped a few photos of the organizer before it headed out the door.
After lunch, S hooked up the cargo trailer and backed it right up to the front door. I spent the next hour loading all my treasures while S hit Big Brown with a hot bean bag on his knee and relaxed with his laptop. As I loaded, I realized that without any large furniture pieces, I needed more things to display items on. The folding edge table I had done for Dad got wiped down, along with a cute little sewing table that I still haven't refinished. Both earned a spot in the trailer as display pieces.
We were all set to leave for the 4 o'clock setup time when the rain arrived. Rather than rush into it, we waited it out. Before long the sun was back, and we headed off on the fifteen-minute drive to the original venue where I did my very first market, Rocking R Ranch.
S backed the trailer right up to the door and helped unload before wandering off to explore. I spent the next couple of hours trying to arrange my booth. Man, I have a lot of stuff. Fingers crossed a lot of it sells.
Back home after 7, I started supper while S cut up yet another watermelon. B arrived to feed just as we were eating. During supper I had a gal message wanting all of the frames, including the ornate ones. We made a deal on all but the ornate ones, and she plans to pick them up Sunday.
That, of course, led to another rabbit hole as I updated inventory spreadsheets and marked everything sold. Meanwhile, S had already settled into bed watching sports.
He headed out for a hot tub soak before 10 while I sat writing the blog in the fading golden-hour light, wondering where the evening had disappeared to. The answer, as usual, was somewhere down a rabbit hole.
We changed things up tonight and caught up on the latest two Dutton Ranch episodes while enjoying ice cream. Somehow, despite another full day, midnight arrived before we knew it and it was finally lights out.





No comments:
Post a Comment