Sunday, June 7, 2026

From Communion to Clarkson's Farm

Sunday arrived with wind, clouds and sun, with plenty of each. Not exactly the kind of day that makes you want to spend much time outside. Mom and I enjoyed our lattes while fitting in a few more ancestry pages before the day got busy.

We headed to church for 9:30 and found our seats for the big occasion. Aislyn was receiving her First Communion today. After church there was a procession around town that S joined while the Paetz family headed to the first altar before returning to the church for photos. We were not aware of that plan, so Mom and I slipped away and filled her car with fuel before grabbing a bowl of soup while we waited for Sheldon to finish up.

As it turned out, Sheldon had ended up back at the church just as everyone was coming out. He followed them over to the house while Mom dropped me off at my car. After a quick parcel drop, I headed over too.

It was a short visit but always a fun one. I celebrated Archie’s birthday gifting him with his present while the rest enjoyed some pizza and visiting before everyone started heading their separate directions. Mom pointed her car toward Oyen while we made our way back to the ranch not long after.



Our coffee order finally arrived after being declared “lost” somewhere along the way. B was here doing horse things, which included trimming Switch and Jimmie’s feet. Thanks B!

The weather could not make up its mind all afternoon. Dark clouds threatened rain, then the sun would appear, only for the sky to darken again. S jumped on the Ranger and headed out to weed whip around the gate area before mowing. My mission for the afternoon was getting market items organized, priced, and added to my inventory sheet.

I did take a break to visit with B while she worked on the horses. I also watered the flowers and gardens outside because despite four inches of rain recently, things are already drying out again. The houseplants got watered too before I continued sorting and organizing. S sharpened the mower blades while he was at it.


In the city, little miss is playing with her new Barbies and jeep <3

B headed out before 5, wrapping up her vacation and getting ready to return to work tomorrow. S settled in with his laptop and started browsing the upcoming auction while I cooked supper and turned my attention to the growing blog backlog.

By evening S had moved to the bed to watch TV, and after 9 I joined him, finishing up today's blog from there. With a bowl of ice cream in hand, we watched a bit more Clarkson's Farm before finally calling it a night.

1 comment: