I woke at my usual 5 a.m. but managed to fall back asleep until I heard the garage door open and Cooper hop into bed at 6:45. B needed to draw blood on Roo and take it to work, so she tackled that first. I finished my book then enjoyed a coffee while scrolling through Instagram.
Once we got moving, S sorted and loaded the recyclables before pulling the swather onto the grass so he could investigate the oil leaks that continue to plague it.
My morning was spent catching up on blogs. I finished Party Day post and got it published, then wrapped up Sunday's post as well. After that I disappeared down a rabbit hole of dining table inventory, gathering all the available options for a customer who has patiently waited a week for information. Along the way I spotted a few more items that might be worth taking to the market this weekend.
Lunch was supposed to be simple. I tossed some bacon in the oven and headed out to the garage, only to return fifteen minutes later to bacon so thin it had become extra crispy. Fortunately, it still tasted good.
S came in after 1 for lunch and then relaxed on the couch while browsing the local auction listings once again.
The afternoon was filled with projects. I worked on a solid wood magazine rack, washing it up and sanding out the dings. A few frames and other market items also got cleaned up and set aside. S continued tinkering with the swather while I found yet another rabbit hole in my storage cabinet. One shelf became two as I sorted, cleaned, and organized my way through it.
At 3:30 S headed to town with the recyclables while I finally got paint on the magazine rack after all the prep work. Garage laundry was underway too, adding another task to the day's list. I also sanded up Kaylin's IKEA organizer.
Once S was back home, we took the dogs for a walk and checked a few trees along the way. I discovered a nest of caterpillars on the gooseberry bush, so I cut the branch off, bagged it up, and added it to tomorrow's garbage pile.
That brought us back inside just in time for the hockey game and supper. B arrived shortly after 7 to feed, and her timing was perfect because the rain started just as she and Cooper headed home. Thunder rolled across the prairie while S watched hockey and I worked on today's blog. The rain was short-lived and only amounted to a tenth of a tenth, but the thunder sounded pretty impressive.
Later S moved to the bedroom and the big TV while I made yogurt and fruit bowls for us. I joined him with my iPad and kept typing away. Once the game ended, we switched back to Clarkson's Farm, finishing Season 1 and diving straight into Season 2.



The caterpillars found you! I have not seen any, yet! No ants on my fern peonies either.
ReplyDelete