Friday, August 21, 2026

Days Are Getting Shorter

Coffees in bed got the morning started, with me moving on to blogs while S settled in with his laptop. Cutest Cowgirl went live today, so cute.

Harley is also back to loving her raw food, which makes me happy. B was out to feed and gone like a ninja in the night before I barely knew she had been here.

Sheldon made himself a sandwich and headed to town to meet with a town councillor about the AI data centres before heading off to shinny. I made myself a sandwich and then got busy around the house. All the floors were cleaned, followed by a workout in the master before I vacuumed. More dill was picked and walked down to the gate for my old massage gal, who had texted asking for some.

I also finished the last two vacation blogs, so slowly but surely I am catching up on that backlog. I washed the front-entry rug and hung it outside to dry, getting a bit of an early fall cleaning underway. Then came some accounting and, finally, some marketing work before I headed outside for the gardening chores.

S was home before 6 after his day in town, including a stop with the McDonald’s coffee crew. We had leftover roast beef for supper, although Harley's muddy face, the freshly cleaned floors didn't stay that way for long needing the robot back for a do over!

Shaina sent more videos for the vacation blog, but they all needed to be converted and added to the Tuesday vacation post, so those will go live in the morning. I also published yesterday’s blog, which means I am slowly catching up—a phrase that seems to be becoming the theme around here lately.

S headed to the TV room for baseball while I took advantage of the amazing golden hour outside. I deadheaded the roses, which have an incredible number of rose hips forming this year and more weeding. The 2 ponies were put back in barn paddock, complete with hay and treats, and then I headed inside to finish season 1 of Sterling Point.

After S had his hot tub, he joined me for Lioness. I wasn't sure about it when we first started, but once I remembered it was another Taylor Sheridan creation, it started to pull me in. Now I'm hooked enough to keep watching.

It was a pretty ordinary day at the ranch—cleaning, cooking, gardening, horses, blogs and all the little daily chores. And that golden-hour garden time? It must be enjoyed as the days get shorter.

1 comment: