After coffee and S heading off to church, I settled into a morning of blog catch-up and accounting, with a couple of ranch breaks in between to feed the pets and let the horses out. I published Friday’s blog, finished up the last vacation day, and also completed yesterday’s medieval adventure. Slowly but surely, I’m getting caught up!
The day was overcast but horribly windy. Boo. The kind of wind that makes everything outside just a little more difficult.
I was finishing up my workout when S rolled in around 12:30 with Opa, which I had ordered after what turned out to be a lengthy after church visit. S ate his wrap watching baseball then hit the couch.
I spent the afternoon taking care of plants inside and out while S mowed the yard. Watering plants and digging in the garden with that wind felt like having a hairdryer blowing in my face, especially once the temperature climbed to 27°C. Not exactly ideal gardening weather!
B was out to ride and do her horse things, finishing up and heading home before supper. I had a roast beef sandwich while S took the Ranger out for a drive, then I settled back in with my new library book, tuning out the heavy winds.
I dug a couple of hills of potatoes and pulled some onions for the Paetz family, then cut a big sunflower bouquet for the birthday girl. Nothing says summer quite like a giant bunch of sunflowers!
S changed his clothes, had a sandwich and then we headed to town, stopping at the liquor store to pick up some refreshments before heading over to visit Amanda and the family for her birthday.
And of course, there was ice cream cake—which was delicious! Thanks! 🎂
We eventually headed home around 11, where I settled back in with my book for a little more reading before calling it a night. It was raining in town when we left but of course not at the ranch!
A windy day, but a good one. A little blog progress, some garden and ranch chores, homegrown vegetables shared with family, a birthday celebration and ice cream cake. Sometimes the simplest celebrations are the sweetest.



I wonderful family celebration
ReplyDelete