S was awake after 7 and already making coffee this morning. After 8, he headed off to town for yet another rodeo grounds work bee while I enjoyed my second cup and got busy on the blogs. I finished Monday’s post and published it, then finished up vacation Monday’s post. I also completed yesterday’s post. Slow and steady, I am finally catching up!
The skies were overcast and a bit smoky to start the day, although things would change quickly. Harley’s raw food was delivered while I was doing my workout, and by the time I was outside watering my planters, we had full-on sunshine.
Renn and Shaina arrived before lunch, with Shaina catching up on some work while Renn and I played in the castle. I made tuna sandwiches for lunch, while Renn opted for a jam sandwich. B was out a little later to feed and do Beibs’ feet.
After lunch, Shaina, Renn and I headed out to catch Hank and Mac. Renn led Hank back to the barn after a short ride, and once inside, both ponies got brushed and, of course, plenty of snacks from Renn.
Shaina braided Mac’s hair while I took Renn inside to hang out with Grandpa who was now back from his morning in town and eating lunch at a benefit lunch at the Chevy dealer. That gave us a chance to take Mac and Hank for a walk out into the pasture in the 25°C heat.
At 4:30, Renn was loaded into the Jeep with a freezie in hand, with Shaina planning to meet Kaylin at the mall after work. I dug potatoes and pulled dill, loaded up the buckles and headed to town.
We had supper on the patio at Boston Pizza, but unfortunately it was a bit of a disappointment—overpriced and underwhelming. Not exactly the dining experience we were hoping for. But weather was nice for eating on a patio.
We stopped at Paetz’s afterward to deliver the garden goods and buckles and have a quick visit. S even gave Archie’s virtual-reality goggles a try. We picked up Harley’s kennel and blanket while we were there and borrowed their rug cleaner for our bedroom.
The gas prices were another little adventure. The other night I had noticed gas was $1.509, and tonight it had jumped all the way to $1.789. As we passed the old Husky, though, the sign said $1.512, so naturally we stopped to fill up. Only then did we notice the stations beside it had dropped to $1.489.
DQ had a Blizzard deal on, so we grabbed ours and sat out front watching the #1 traffic and people go by. A little people-watching with a cold treat is a pretty decent way to end the town portion of the evening.
Back at the ranch, I tossed hay and got the two chubbies into their paddock before S and I planned to head for a hot tub. But as usual, squirrel! First I had to feed the cats and Harley and water the tomatoes. There is always just one more thing.
Finally, we made it to the hot tub, and the sky put on quite a show, turning spectacular shades of pink as the evening settled in. No camera to share this amazing view but S says "You have shared 1000 pictures of the view." Yes that is true but it always amazes me.
After a shower, we started a new comedy movie, but apparently we were both done for the day. We tuckered out before it was over and finally admitted defeat, shutting it off.
Another full ranch day—blogs, ponies, gardens, family, errands, overpriced supper, cheaper gas we missed by a few cents, a Blizzard and a gorgeous pink sky. Slow and steady really is the theme lately, but little by little, I’m catching up on everything.:::

















Slow and steady
ReplyDelete