Matt was up early as today is a work day, choosing to do it from the smoky deck. Renn and I quietly had our coffees on the couch before breakfast playing pig family of course.
Inside, we played cards while Nathan spent some time on the couch with a very quiet Renn. She enjoyed some iPad time, making it probably the quietest morning of the whole trip for her!
We spent the day again after lunch, in the pool before heading into town.
When we got back to the house, it was actually the lightest the smoke had been during our stay, so we took advantage of it and spent the evening outside visiting and taking a few family photos. Shaina also got her drone up and going, adding a whole new perspective to our vacation memories.
The evening rounded out with more cards on the deck, which has become a bit of a vacation tradition.
I had tried to continue a new book I started at home but quickly decided it was definitely a no-read for me, so I abandoned it and started the new season of My Life with the Walter Boys instead.
It was nice to have one evening where the smoke eased enough that we could really enjoy being outside together. After so many smoky days, a little clearer air, family photos, cards on the deck and ice cream in Kelowna felt pretty darn good.











































No comments:
Post a Comment