As the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler, I know I may not be automatically waking around 7 for much longer. This morning I was already running through my lists in my head when S’s alarm went off after 7:30. He got dressed and headed off to the city for his knee appointment at the university, followed by getting his new cowboy hat reshaped.
I made a coffee and got to work on the weekend blogs while letting the horses out to join the herd. I finally fit in my workout too, after a four-day hiatus, and then made up some pumpkin-banana loaves.
S was back from the city before noon with his freshly shaped cowboy hat and a muffin from Tim’s for me. We waited for the loaves to come out of the oven, then loaded Harley and headed to town. Neither of us had eaten yet, so I ordered Opa to eat in the truck outside of the vet clinic.
Harley had her checkup with Dr. Jodi, who prescribed Apoquel for her seasonal allergy itchiness and Tobradex for her goopy allergy eye. She also received her rabies vaccine, along with a one-month dose of Librela, the new joint-pain medication for her arthritis, and a dewormer to give her in a few days.
Harley has gained a little weight, weighing in at 62.5 kg (137.5 pounds). I'm hoping the medications give her some relief from the arthritis pain and get her feeling good enough to have more interest in walking again, which would hopefully help her shed a few of those extra pounds.
After paying the $$$ vet bill, we headed back to the ranch. S hooked up the trailer and pulled it around front while I gathered food for him to take along. He packed up clothes and coveralls, along with, of course, 30 beers, and before he headed out we enjoyed a cold one together on the deck.
The day had turned out absolutely beautiful - 24°C and full-on sunshine. Great weather for the Green group to river float, even if it is September 1 tomorrow. AND I forgot to share the big piece of information we learned this weekend from his Mom - Matthew has a middle name and it is Barry. :) Update your records family!
S pulled out of the yard as I fed Harley her supper at 4:15. He planned to stop for a few more groceries on his way east.
Meanwhile, Amanda had been tagging me in lots of free furniture, but one dresser finally caught my eye. The fellow wanted it picked up ASAP, so off to town I went.
I had hoped to grab my library book while I was there, but after parking I discovered the door was locked. Closed Mondays. Of course! So on to the dresser pick up.
On the way home, somehow a few turns mysteriously landed me at DQ. Amanda had been raving about the new caramel apple cheesecake Blizzard, so I figured I should give it a try. Research, obviously. ;)
I ate it while checking No Frills for pumpkin spice creamer, but no luck there either, so I continued home.
The dresser was a great size to fit in my car, and once I got home, getting it out by myself without scratching the car turned into quite the hilarious struggle. But I managed it and got all the drawers put in correctly.
Once the dresser was safely inside, I finally got to enjoy the lovely evening. I took Harley for a walk because the weather was just too beautiful not to, and of course Stella joined us too.
Tonight I opted for reading as my evening entertainment. A nice quiet way to end the day.
S texted that he was all set up and ready to start harvesting at 7 tomorrow morning.
Enjoy the harvest time, S.








Thanks for the visit while on my road trip. Always prefer a real voice to a text!!
ReplyDelete