Woke at 6:30—of course, the one day I don’t need to be up early, I am. If I had a 7 a.m. flight or a job to get to? I'd be dead to the world till 9. Go figure. Once S stirred too, we gave in to the morning and made our coffees by 7, did our Spanish, and S scrolled X like the well-caffeinated retirees he's clearly auditioning to be.
First stop: Grama and Papa’s new digs at 433. Papa was into his ball game, and we met Grama booking a hair appointment. After catching up, we headed down to the dining room for lunch: soup and either Hawaiian pizza or a tuna sandwich, finished off with fruit cocktail or ice cream. (Guess which one I picked and Sheldon.)
After lunch, we met up with Candace and kicked off Operation: Sort the Heirlooms. Let’s just say—there are a lot of treasures tucked into that house. I sent pics to the girls as we worked and slowly loaded our car to near max capacity.
By 5, we had Papa loaded into their car and headed to the Medicine Hat Brewery for supper. Candace, Riley, his new girlfriend Mia, and her mom Amy joined us for a fun dinner celebrating the “Irish twins” birthdays. A great meal and even better company. Thanks again for supper!
We dropped the folks off at their place, tucked the car in their garage, and hit the road back home. I convinced S to swing through Tim’s for an iced coffee for the drive, and we made it home just after 9:30.
The car remains fully packed—I’ll unpack tomorrow. Harley got her bathroom break, and I deadheaded a few flowers... until three mosquitoes promptly declared war on my ankles. Retreat!
Inside, I found S stretched out in bed scrolling his phone. After his shower, he went right back to it while I cracked open the book I brought along to the Hat… and didn’t read a single page of in the car. Naturally.







Many hands make light work and an opportunity for lots of visiting.
ReplyDelete