I was up just after 7 and dove into a new book to start the day. Once S was up around 8, I made us our coffees before he headed off to church at 9:30.
While he was out, I tackled some less-than-fun marketing, then gave the table another coat of oil stain after a light sanding. I even picked out paper for the tray project, but of course my craft knife had gone missing—so that’ll have to wait.
I enjoyed a nice, long catch-up with Mom K, then got back to work on blog posts and photo sorting before heading off to clean up again.
S returned just before noon with a few groceries and a spark plug for the weed eater. Not long after, B arrived and asked if I’d join her for a ride. I quickly changed into jeans and boots, caught Switch, and we set off for a lovely hour-long loop around the property and out to Stout's old place along the highway. The horses were happy to be hosed after untacking including the 2 left behind who were sprayed too, then they all had a good roll after.
B headed out to ride Bird in the 24-degree heat while I prepped a few things around the house. Around 3:30, Debby and Chuck were dropped off by their friends Art and Joy, just as bull riding was starting. They had a quick pit stop and visit before continuing home.
We settled in with a few cold beers and snacks to enjoy the rest of the rodeo. B joined us after her ride and soon she and Cooper were off for home. I got started on a batch of chili for supper as dark clouds began to roll in. With a severe thunderstorm warning and the threat of hail, the guys moved the vehicles into the shop just in case. Then S pulled out the smoker kit and made the fellows a smoked whiskey.
After supper, Debby and I shared a refreshing very delicious gin and tonic with a gin she brought all the way from Scotland—what a treat! THANK YOU! We took Harley for a walk just after 8, under a sky full of dramatic clouds and falling temps. The rain hit fast not long after we returned, with a quick tenth of an inch soaking everything, even as the sun tried to peek through.
It continued to rain while the sun shone (classic prairie weather!) until after 9. Debby and Chuck called it a night early while S and I cozied up for a couple more episodes of 1923. Meanwhile over in Ottawa, Shaina and Matt were enjoying a music fest currently featuring Shania Twain and were even taken back stage to meet her as Matt's buddy and neighbour is her cousin. A perfect end to a full, heartwarming Sunday.

















Nice to have neighbours that introduce to people in high places! Hope you had a great time at the concert Shaina. Looks like you and Sheldon had a very nice visit again with Chuck and Debby.
ReplyDeleteGood neighbors are the best! We always have great get togethers with them <3 Never a dull moment!
Delete