Monday, July 18, 2016

another dresser done

The new week came in with a whole lot of sunshine.. and moisture to start.. things are going to take a leap in growth I think.
and this view is thru my clean windows!! check out the dew on the grass and oat crop

After heading out to check Switch who seems a bit better and finding the stuffy buried in the new flower bed, I got busy in the garage finishing up the dresser. The hardware got a makeover.. see how the metallic cream adds dimension on the left ones?

 the entire base got a coat of wax.. the down side of wax is it is like writing a 5000 word essay in one sitting, your right hand gets cramped! ;)

the drawer slides get a rub of wax and it was then I saw one guide missing, and look in my stash a near perfect piece (this is why I keep all pieces of good wood) A quick couple runs with the fancy miter saw and tadaa
Britt was still in bed at noon but I begged her to come help carry in the dresser base. She is still feeling achy and crappy and faint but she did it, thanks B. Now the staging game but after about an hour of sourcing and snapping and posting, I got the shot

and I did try the dahlias but stems were too short, can you believe this is one that overwintered in my garage? look at it blooming! Luckily I had lots of my favorite purple poppies blooming to use.
Now to write up the contest blog and get it all posted and in place, whew another thing off the list. The coffee table is my OFMP blogger post for August but I cannot post till then but it too is done!


 love stained wood grain.. and the ancient drawer got a fresh new fun liner added

I took Britt out and showed her my easy way to feed the girls their herbs. She sat on the fence taking it in then got ready for her 4 pm shift at the salon, hope she can handle it. I started filling in the dings on the long dresser, removing hardware and sanding all edges before hosing it down.

Sheldon made it home about 5 grabbing a few essential groceries for us too. A customer arrived soon after coming to look at  a mirror but ended up interested in the white dresser, the matching one I am working on, the blue chair, and having 3 custom pieces painted. Not bad for the $5 Facebook ad if it pans out.

Supper and a storm rolled in with little rain and lots of thunder, more tornado warnings yet again. Britt was home after her shift at 8 saying it was raining in town on her way home and Shaina arrived around 9:30 after her golf shift to spend the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment