Monday, September 23, 2024

Front brakes changed

As we were enjoying coffee in bed, I remembered the little green antique table needed to be at the gate by 9. Checking the email, I saw she was running late, which gave us time to get dressed. I cut all my parsley and loaded it with the boxes, packing paper, jars, and the sold crate all for Anita into the ranger S brought it over along with the table and took it to the gate.

It promised to be a gorgeous day. I went out to release the horses just as Dave arrived. He assisted me in catching Roo, putting on her mask, and then we let them out. He fed his horses and started his day, leaving Cooper with us. S returned to install the left brake pad while I focused on marketing. I spent time with our ISP and cancelled 2 old email addresses permanently - kuhnklan@efirehose.net and crazy1@efirehose.net. They will no longer work so delete if you have them stored.


Now don't these look safe? :)


Once the brakes were installed, S took a test drive to fetch the mail. He then topped up the hot tub, shocked it, and cleaned the filters. I harvested some carrots, beets, onions, and potatoes to accompany our last bison steaks for dinner. They were scrubbed clean, the beet leaves were chopped, all while catching up on the noon news and having some lunch. I looked out to see horses in middle paddock and lo and behold Roo had no mask on!

S left for hockey before 1 PM, and I treated the dogs to a frozen snack outdoors before tackling some accounting work. With the sunny weather, it was perfect for doing laundry, so I began a few loads. Anita stopped by to collect her items and generously left us some fresh sourdough buns. I took the opportunity to walk the dogs to the gate and around the pastures. Roo was quarantined in the middle paddock while the others were let out. The temperature was 22 degrees but felt more like 27, so I spent time weeding and harvesting potatoes, enjoying the sunshine.




Once back indoors, I focused on tutorials and faced challenges with uploading photos for yesterday's blog post, but eventually, everything was set and ready. My back is giving me trouble, tightening more as the day progressed. S returned from hockey and his after coffee klatch around 4:30. He folded his laundry while I prepared vegetables for dinner. I pulled out some of the girls clothes around 12 months to take to the city. This coveralls I have to get a photo of Renn in them at least once. We savored another splendid meal featuring harvest veggies and the last pack of bison T-bones.


See this and many more of the clothes I took in for Renn to try HERE!


Anita sent this photo of the crate all decked out

After dinner, I settled in with my computer and S with his laptop, before we unwound in the hot tub. It really helped my back. After showering, I finished watching the entire 'McLeod's Daughters' series, which spans eight seasons with an average of 32 episodes each. I viewed it on my iPad, while S browsed for sports updates and marketplace deals on his laptop with Cooper between us. We noticed a light from a phone in the paddocks; Dave was out feeding. Bird's leisurely eating pace had him jokingly remark that he nearly watched an entire ball game on his phone in the dark while waiting for her to finish. Afterwards, he and Cooper went home before 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment