Thursday, September 19, 2024

Day with Renn

Rising early again, I was already buzzing with excitement to spend the day in the city with Renn. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air as I jumped into the shower, eager to get ready. S soon joined the morning hustle, enjoying his breakfast and coffee before gearing up for the day. In our rush, Harley tagged along as I went out to let the horses out. Dave was already here, feeding his, and he kindly helped me put Roo’s mask on before I set them free. Cooper, the now adventurous companion, decided to stay with Dave today. Dave lets him choose to stay here or go with him the mornings he brings him.

We hit the road just before 9, but not without a quick chat with Ron, the owner of the trailer S is selling. He had a cleaning lady coming and wanted to inspect the mess himself. Just as we were getting into the groove of our journey, S remembered he had left his wallet at home. A swift U-turn later, we were back on track, arriving at our destination at 10:10. Kaylin was just heading out to work, Nathan was blending up a smoothie then down to his office, and Renn was ready to play.





poor little muffin is getting molars that cause pain. I gave her a gum massage with her teether ring which helped




flexible enough to suck o her own toes :)

S had an appointment for a cortisone shot and returned around noon, just as Renn was finishing her lunch. After she was done, I tucked her in for a nap while S walked to Freshii to grab us some salads. Despite the steep price and my salad being only partially filled, the flavors were good and I did not have to cook.



While Renn napped, we watched Inside The Mind of a Dog. S took the opportunity to catch some Z’s too, while I took Beans for three walks throughout the day, finally getting him to do his business. Renn, our little nap champion, slept for an impressive 2.5 hours! Once she was up, it was snack time and more play, naturally. Kaylin arrived home at 4 and graciously sugared my legs—thank you, Kaylin! S then took Renn for a delightful walk around the block. After our heartfelt goodbye hugs and kisses, we headed to The Keg to enjoy our anniversary gift card from Ma & Pa—thank you! The Keg never disappoints.


snack required a new dress, this one may have gotten yogurt on it :)



at class


tickle tickle

We returned to the ranch after a full 10-hour day. Harley was let out for a much-needed pee, and I fed her, remembering she missed getting her breakfast—poor girl. I dove into some marketing tasks and finally wrapped up yesterday’s blog post. S made himself comfortable on the big brown couch, scrolling through his phone. Britt, Dave, and Cooper didn’t show up until after 8, and it was already dark. They took care of the feeding and chores and were off about half an hour later.

Once the blog was published, I joined S in bed, and we watched J Lo’s This Is Me … Now, her captivating music video/movie with an ice cream sandwich. We followed it up with her behind-the-scenes documentary Greatest Love Story Never Told. S drifted off to sleep, and just as I was turning everything off, a massive windstorm hit, followed by rain. I got up to close the windows and remembered the big roll-up door on the barn was left open last night and was probably still open. I debated braving the storm to close it but decided against it. Wide awake, I watched McLeod’s Daughters on my iPad with headphones until almost 1:30.


No comments:

Post a Comment