Monday, September 9, 2024

Chicken coop job nearly complete

It was a typical Monday, though we woke up later than usual. The skies were cloudy and/or smoky, giving a cool impression that quickly turned warm. The day began with promise when I received a message from someone who saw the blue dresser at the market on Saturday and requested more photos, as well as another person inquiring about the press-back dining chairs. Unfortunately, there was no further communication.

I've published my message board tutorial and shared it where necessary. While working on a Hometalk post for the message board, S left for work at the chicken coop at 10. With the photos now functioning on the Mac computer, I proceeded to create more tutorials and posts, including another for Hometalk for the floral round table. Writing these tutorials and posts generates passive income, making it a valuable use of my time since markets are not my strong suit. My morning progressed with sorting photos and crafting tutorials.

Dave and Cooper were out at noon to feed and then departed. Shortly after their departure, the wind intensified, making it quite unpleasant despite the temperature hitting 27 degrees. S arrived home for a late lunch at 1:30, foregoing hockey to nearly finish the chicken coop. We savored the supper leftovers before he refilled his water jug and headed back out at 2. I've developed garden plans for the upcoming year, incorporating necessary changes while the ideas are still fresh in my head.

I carried on with my computer tasks while watching more of McLeod's Daughters. My spreadsheet was also brought up to date, which was satisfying to accomplish. I went out to pick more calendula flowers after noticing a plant blooming in the garden. I laid them out to dry in the front, but the wild wind scattered them, which was frustrating. Moreover, the temperature has dropped to 18 degrees! From 27 just a short time ago.

The ribs were placed in the instant pot at 5 PM. S returned from his eight-hour chicken coop work day before 6 PM. I crisply fried some new potatoes and harvested fresh carrots as well. Another delightful garden dinner ensued. Afterwards, I resumed my accounting work on the computer while S lounged in the big brown chair and browsed the internet. B, Dave, and Cooper were out before 8 PM to feed and trim, so I gave the carrot tops to Switch and Beibs. Sheldon went over to Matt's just after 8 PM for the big 100 chicken move. The townies dropped by for a short visit and then continued on their way home.


After finishing my computer tasks, I settled into bed to watch "McLeod's Daughters" on the big screen. Sheldon came back after moving the chickens and their nesting boxes after 10 PM and took a soak in the hot tub. This completes the tasks until he installs the power and water lines next month. Afterwards, we watched another episode of "Luxe Listings Toronto."



No comments:

Post a Comment