Saturday, April 2, 2016

rock pickin

Britt's night did not end well last night, sort of like how her April fools day started after her great test mark. (she returned her parking pass for a credit only to find they charged her to apply for a townhouse which left her owing $$) It seems as the designated driver, car full off peeps in the tinted back window, she did not notice a truck overhanging the driveway, yep and yesterday she removed collision from her insurance. Oh the irony she said. Of course small marks add up to big $$. She scrubbed it up to get a better look in the daylight before off to her shift at tanning salon.


She did help me carry in the huge coffee table before going too, thanks B! I waxed the tops of both again and staged and posted.






BY 11 it was 20, time to get out in the sun. First the dogs and I walked to the gate to check for a parcel, no luck. I swapped out my paint sweats for shorts and a tank top and sprayed on sunscreen and headed out to work. Time to pick rocks in the closest paddock. The wheel barrow was pretty much half full of dog droppings and my pruning but added a pile of rocks and off to the pit adding as I went.

Back to the paddock and filled it half again until the poor flat tires could go no more. I abandoned it mid field, grabbed a cold drink, swapped laundry and went back out, this time with the heavy duty wagon. It too was too hard to push over half full so think the quad shall be needed to take both loads to the pit.

 better bottle holder and tires on this one ;)

I had left Coco in after the drink break, that and freshly cleaned white mattress cover on my bed. Seems Coco thought I left it for her to clean off on as well as the mattress!! WTH, so I grabbed my new little green cleaner and got busy cleaning the fairly small area.. but as I lifted the cleaner off a clean area I had it sitting I saw the dirty water was sprayed out all the mattress!!!!!!!!!!!! lifting it up, it continued to spray over the carpet. OMG how is it shitty things can get shittier?? One small stain turns into a huge dilemma and a pile of work.. darn you Coco!

By now the clouds had blew in, the wind was up and down all day and for most of the afternoon it howled. I guess it is good it is blowing the right direction as they are spreading the manure to the east. Britt got a quote after work, yep it was over $3,000 ;( she headed to the gym to work out some stress before coming home.

Here are a few photos of her last day of year 1 and celebration with the girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment