Wednesday, April 27, 2016

birthday lunch

Diego the bugger wanted out at 3 am then after Sheldon was off to work he thought time to eat at 7! It was nice and sunny then at least but dark to the west. Maybe rain will come, just before 9 as I finished putting the last coat of poly on the tables the clouds rolled back in.
 even Bird gets a rest.. the dark skies had me hoping for rain

I took the truck to town stopping to pick up a wood table from a gal, however it is not quite as described so not sure it will be a project. I made a quick exchange at the dollar store before meeting Coreena and Sharon for my belated birthday lunch at OJ's at 11. Always a good visit with these gals, thanks so much for the visit, the lunch and the great gifts girls! XOXO


The internet repair was moved ahead to 1:30 today so I rushed home after grabbing my free Booster Juice smoothie. Unfortunately he was delayed over 2 hours!! GRRRR Britt was hanging out and had to get ready for her shift at 3. The table couple wanted to pick up tonight so I took some shots in the garage as they are bringing a cabinet to have painted so will just swap. Garage photos not the best but will have to do. Of course I cant leave well enough alone so decided to throw on another coat of poly on the tops.



 I started this coat just as the repair dude arrived after 3:30! Murphy's law of course!  He sourced the problem as the cable cracked. It seems out wiring guy used indoor cable out and it did not fair well. We waited for Sheldon to get home and help figure how to get the new wire from the roof to the control room in the basement. The next couple hours had all of us on the roof, in the attic and in the room. Finally by 6:30 we had success.. and an ugly tripod mounted on the roof but able to get the internet back up and running.






 just a bit windy!

Luckily the sun did pop out a couple times while up on the roof but the wind made the 9 degrees seem colder esp when the clouds were back. It was cool to see the ranch from this view. Tacos, always a favorite, were our supper then relax.. Sheldon back to his hockey and me sorting out all the emails, posts and blog updates missing from last 3 days.

Britt was home around 8:30 bringing me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers in a beautiful jar for my birthday, THANKS B! XOXOXO she quickly packed up a bag and was off to Amber's for a sleepover.

As I was perusing Instagram around midnight a horrible sound came like a dog with foot in a trap howl and Lola barking. I looked out the front door and saw a coyote right across the driveway at the 3 evergreens!! I called the sleeping prince who grabbed his gun but during our install today misplaced my flashlight usually stored at the door. With no way to give him light he took a shot and missed but the thing bolted like a flash and was not heard from again.

No comments:

Post a Comment