Friday, February 6, 2026

Spring Prep, Spa Fixes, and Steak Supper

While perusing Instagram with my morning coffee, I was reminded of Spa Marvel and how well it works as a more natural, less skin-reactive option. My skin has felt a bit icky after the last few hot tubs, so I’d been avoiding it. After mentioning it to S, he went out and added a fresh bottle, changed out the filters, and put in a new set.


I was trying to capture the symbiotic animal interaction at the ranch, J and Stella were both getting water at the waterer with the horses coming to see them


He took up my breakfast suggestion of a peanut butter banana wrap roll and thoroughly enjoyed it—Harley did too. I stuck with just the banana.


You only get a couple ChatGPT illustrations per day so once the time was up I had it do it's version of the Kuhn girls <3

I finished and published yesterday’s blog while S dragged the paddock blade around the hay feeding areas. He brought out another lift of bales so I could toss out the morning multiple piles. With the bucket back on, he lifted the poop pile he’d gathered, and I started cutting down the ornamental grasses and Japanese peonies in preparation for spring but stopped with pruning shear issues.

Darn my storing some carrots in the ground did not work, they were bright orange but total msg, perhaps I will try some in the actual garden not the raised beds next time.

After hauling the load to the pit, he pushed the discarded hay around the pit area into it as well. I continued with spring cleanup, then headed in to feed Harley—realizing she’d missed breakfast other than her bit of the peanut butter wrap. I tossed garage laundry in and prepped B’s feed buckets before coming back inside for a snack.

S came in shortly after to make his super sandwich. After lunch, we headed back out together. He held up the long, dead stems of the remaining ornamental grasses and Japanese irises (which allowed the shears to cut better) while I chopped them down. Teamwork made quick work of it, and everything looked so much better afterward. I moved on to pruning obvious crossing shoots on a few of the trees while he put his deer projects back together.


I had Chat do a caricature of S, pretty funny right? Harley's butt cracks me up too and the things it put as important to him - coffee,Flames and wood work

He then loaded up and headed to the city to return one of the septic pumps, meet a guy to sell a hockey jersey, and check out the new power plant going up near Indus. I worked on more tutorials and blog posts until B arrived just before 4. She had taken today off. After feeding, she and I trimmed Harley’s toenails, then she and Cooper headed home.


so pretty... and snow fences work .. that is our only snow

S was back around 5, and with the sun still out, it felt like the perfect time for a hot tub. A shower followed, then steak supper, and more Lincoln Lawyer. I may have nodded off through a few parts, and we wrapped it up around 9:30 before heading off to dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment