Sunday, February 1, 2026

Hot Croissants, Goodbyes, and a Chinook Winds

I heated the oven as I made my morning coffee and slipped the frozen croissants in to bake. A coffee was delivered to the prince in bed before I settled in to upload photos and catch the blog up once again. Just as the croissants came out hot and flaky, Matt was up for his coffee, with Shaina not far behind. Warm croissants on a cool, dreary morning felt like the perfect start to the day.

S headed off to church, leaving the three of us to visit for a bit before Shaina and Matt tackled more suitcase sorting, narrowing things down to just what they’d need for the month ahead at the Airbnb. I worked away on tutorials and blogging until S returned home.

B came out around noon, and I reheated the leftover soup and chili for lunch, followed by a game of Hearts. By after 2, Shaina and Matt packed a couple of bags each and headed to the city. They planned to stop in to see the Boysis family before checking into their February home.

B went out to feed mash after tossing a bale when she arrived, then she and Cooper headed home. I brought the shelf inside and took a few photos before experimenting with more AI staging. S loaded small square bales onto a pallet with the skid steer and set them out at the gate—there’s barely any snow left, and the horses won’t eat a large bale rolled out.


Papa's handiwork with a new color

Hains’s arrived to pick up their dresser and nightstand, and we had a short visit before they headed off. Inside, we poured a cold beverage and S started a fire as the sun set, hockey on in the background.


the sun popped out briefly, poor Jimmy is the low man on the pole

I ran to town for a few groceries, and once home, settled in to start another episode of Bridgerton. The Chinook winds began to rise, along with the temperature. Of course, just as I got comfortable, I discovered the new season of Bridgerton ended after four episodes, with part two not arriving until the end of February. I switched to a new show, Sandokan, but after watching half an hour, it was lights out.




















4 comments: