Monday, January 22, 2024

Sanding kinda day

When I let H out at 5:30 there was snow in the air making it look foggy. It continued when I got up and fed the dogs (Cooper dropped off early as usual) and cat. I am going for 1 coffee a day so had it in bed playing the daily Flow brain games then perusing Insta while the prince continued to sleep. Once up, he had his coffees and read his book in big brown.

I was then onto renewing my Nexus card. After much panicking and cancelling of my account I was able to find an authorization code on my old phone. We had bacon, tomato, avocado and spinach sandwiches for lunch. Always yummy. 

S was off to hockey and I to the garage. More sanding and sanding and sanding. Both surfaces are veneer so patience is a virtue I struggle with. J got his day 3 of painkiller. Think he is on the mend. The dresser sides were painted a second coat.





2 sanded surfaces showing different wood species



Someone is practicing their guitar and its not Sheldon :)

S was back home just before 5 stopping for a few beers with Steve after hockey. I put bison prime ribs in the instant pot while S peeled a pot of potatoes. We played a few games of Tantrix while all cooked. Potatoes were mashed, peas heated and ribs ready to go for a tasty meal.

After B was home, ate supper and fed her horse we checked on J. His wound was cleaned, poked a couple times to open new drain spots to no avail and we tried putting a poultice pad on with wrap. After B left she text back to remove as it was not for use on cats. I removed, washed the area and held a warm compress on for 4 minutes then put a warm gauze wrap on.

I joined S in bed who was watching hockey and perusing the net. I started a new library book he picked up for me on way home called It Ends With Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment