Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Kuhn lake fills

I was awake when Cooper was dropped off at 7. Har was early for her pee break at 4 am today. I was going to revamp this early morning habit but S was going to bathroom too so let her out. The warm wind has created many lakes around our place. I made a tea then got started on posting more dresser ads I forgot to post last night. I also wanted to put the dressers and cedar chest on Etsy to try and get more high end buyer exposure.


I delivered S a chai latte in bed after 9. He made eggs and fried potatoes today. In the garage he sorted recyclables and trouble shot more on the door lift issue. I added the sideboard then gave it a coat of hemp oil to seal. I let it soak in while we had leftover lunch.



After lunch I wiped the hemp oil back. It was now plus 9 out and the dogs needed a walk. S wore his rubber boots so he could walk thru all the water. The ground is still froze so it was a bit treacherous in places. The mouse traps were checked on way by the gate panel on. Back at the house it was time for a cold refreshment and some computer work.


This is 1:30 pm but seems much later with the cloud cover.

The day got a bit brighter. We headed out to have a hot tub. The sun actually popped out just before 5. It felt lovely to have plus 10 and sun. Apparently Calgary hit 15 today. On our way out we saw a large piece of stucco on the deck. This is from the area S had been trying to seal and keep in place. Looks like we are now forced to get a proper repair.


The lake has grown over a few hours

After a shower I fed the dogs then we met up at the island for chips, salsa and a rum and coke. Both of us have felt sluggy for about 24 hour so needed a caffeine pick up. Turkey soup was enjoyed for supper. B arrived for her bowl and usual horse feeding. Cooper had ripped his dew claw this am so she bandaged it up. Before heading off she put the cats in the barn and locked up as it is still above zero. Poor J has diarrhea from the antibiotics so good to get him in a larger sandbox.


S submitted this sunset photo, its a beauty!

Tonight was an early to bed night. I finished my book and started a new one called None of This is True. B stopped back to get meds for Cooper I found on her shelf. S had his back tickled to fall asleep while I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment