Monday, January 8, 2024

Roo’s abscess popped

B arrived at 6:15 this am to do her horse care before work. Roo’s abscess had popped over night. It seemed she may have cast herself in the stall as her new bucket was racked, her stall wraps soaked and turned to popsicles around her legs ad a chip out of her hoof. I held the dogs off to feed till after 9 then delivered a hot coffee to the prince. After his porridge, S and I went out and moved Roo and Beibs out of the barn. We confined them all to the house paddock. I tossed a bale of hay and hung the hay nets B had filled around the paddock while S emptied and brought in the water buckets. Be darned if Roo did not crack the new heated bucket in the night.

More cleaning in the garage including pet laundry and plant pruning. S had flattened all the leftover boxes and cleaned off fridge top to store the microwave he brought in and posted. My clutter clearing book and the new year has us inspired.

After lunch S was off to town. He was meeting a gal to pickup tubes to make cat posts at the arena before shinny. I also got a call my new keyboard was at the Fedex pickup which he grabbed too. Sharon stopped by to visit and pick up a Xmas gift Shaina left for her. We caught up for the next couple hours with tea. She left after 4:30 with S pulling in soon after. 

I finished up & published a couple blog posts today; Celebrating Dad & New Years Eve.

I chopped veggies to roast in the instant pot. The cuttings I ran to the horses who were happy to eat them. Ham sausage from a Xmas gift basket was heated up to go with it. Sharon had brought parcel from gate which was another digital frame. I got it all set up to see which one I prefer. There is a 3rd one coming this week too.

S braved the -12 temps to have a hot tub. I stayed inside and caught up today’s blog. Once back in we watched more Car Masters. They sure make unique vehicles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment