Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Calgary run

We were fogged in this am again. The prince slept in late today. I delivered a cup of coffee to his nightstand at 9:30 but he had to heat it after 10 when he got up. After feeding H and J, I started clear coating the ruler. I was then on to getting a blog post published. B dropped Cooper off before 11 on her way to the city. The ruler had another coat on top and just before we left I flipped it over to do the back and bring inside to dry well in the warmer house. Har's dog food was delivered early, perfect as I could get it put in freezer before we left.

I made us a spinach salad for lunch before we set off at 12:30. S hopped out at his dr appointment and I checked out 3 thrift stores in search of the elusive 16” glass microwave tray. I found lots from small to 14” but no 16". 


my car gets the best gas mileage, today she says even better

We stopped at Chinook mall after I picked him up to see abut exchanging a wallet he got 2 of. No luck at this store with limited men’s stuff. Our next stop was Costco. This took awhile checking out vacuum sealers and Apple products. Of course there were cheaper ones than we bought but they are an older model for computer and limited colors in watches. We also picked up some lobster and shrimp for a belated NYE supper.

We were home before 5:30. Britt was back and had fed her horse and the dogs and was relaxing. She ate some leftover pizza and was off. S unloaded the car while I contacted Amazon. Shaina found a cell phone when she picked up our parcel last Friday. They are getting in touch with the driver.

We cooked up the shrimp with garlic, a salad and rice to start. The lobster tails were done a bit later. All was very tasty. A great New Years celebration just a few days late. Followed by a hot tub of course. Then it was quiet time reading. I am reading a new book called the Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning. I ordered it having read her other book on aging. S continues on his.




No comments:

Post a Comment