Wednesday, February 17, 2016

private open house

I had a great relaxing evening last night, after a hot shower I changed the sheets and crawled in to watch Downton Abbey. How wonderful does a hot shower and clean sheets feel right? I also had my tranquility essential oil going in the diffuser for a total relaxing night. I did however stay up to late as usual (after 12:30) but the bummer was a text from the renter at 7 AM saying she found my missing paint package.. on the front step and had no idea how long it had been there ;(

No chance of going back to sleep now so time to get up. I did toss back a couple cups of coffee before heading out to wax the blue portions of the cabinet and touch up the yellow. I tried to brainstorm the next projects going on the paint line and what I would do with the now found paint as that contest project is due in 7 days.

Lori B arrived at 11 for her private open house and spent the day catching up. She also wanted a shop tour and garage tour to get the whole update. We always have tons to catch up on and the time flies. Luckily I had home made hamburger soup on hand to serve with lunch with an appetizer of Boursin/crackers and toffee tarts for dessert. And I was worried the larder was bare!

She headed for home around 4:30 so I quickly put a top coat on the cabinet top and was off to town. Time to grab a few groceries, the mail, return hinges that did not work, pick up this lost paint and load up my 2 pieces that were on display at the local boutique. Note to self, when loaning things to display in a boutique, freshly painted pieces may NOT come back in pristine order. ;/ They may use them to display their wares. Well, another lesson learned. I grabbed a burger on the way home, the new peppered bacon mama, yum.


After unloading furniture, groceries etc and hurriedly eating I tore open the paint box... BOO!! As suspected the box must have froze &/or dropped as the red paint was unsealed, the dark wax was runny like water and the beautiful blue was smashed, oozing and dry. Looks like no worry about deciding on a project piece or the contest entry.


I did not care for the top coat so sanded it down a bit and put a fresh paint coat on it. Once dry, I hauled it in ready to stage. It is part of the Country Chic blog squad requiring a blog post so worked on that and this one too as well as sorting photos. Time for some relaxing iPad viewing, nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment