Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Ground Hogs Day

Sheldon was off on a late flight this am and when I awoke at 8, the ranch was fogged in good. Back to the chest waxing it all up top and bottom then power buffing and repeating a few coats. My OCD had me spending numerous attempts at correcting the sloppy paint job the previous owner did. Eventually it was almost all fixed with out extensive stripping and re-staining etc. Lesson to me to be more selective when purchasing but after all the effort to get to her city apartment and score it had me to polite to offer less or refuse it ;(
right side shows dark wax on left is just the now dry paint.

I needed to run to town to drop magazines to donate to library, pick up blood work reports and restock on nails ans screws at Rona and grab the mail. I left in the fog, hit snow, some sun, snow and then sun when back home in just over an hour. Back at home at ate some soup then hauled in the chest to stage and post.





 Once I got it all posted on kijiji, and fb I headed out to scrub the ginormous armoire. First I had to remove the backing which had to be done carefully as the back board is always fragile. The scrubbing and hosing took an hour and yes Sheldon I did manage to swap the dolly to support it lengthwise, a crazy undertaking on rolling wheels that would not lock but success with it and the hose down (a chair was needed but the moving dolly was a life saver once perched on the chair) The scrubbing removed the marks and such quite nicely. There was repairs of course to be done as well.
 now left to dry well overnight

Although I attempted to go to bed by 10, I ended up trying to send Shaina an email only to find it down yet again which led to 1/2 hour with internet tech while finding info for Sheldon, trying to crush a few Candy crush levels and shutting the light out at 1 am!

No comments:

Post a Comment