Saturday, February 6, 2016

must keep busy

Yep another night of scratching but not as bad however after coffee it seems to explode.. could coffee be the irritant? Amanda says make a journal of EVERYTHING you eat drink and do all day.. oh my I don't have the time but blog does help remind me of some things. I tried a baking soda bath last night as suggested by Mom, baths always make it feel good but this seemed to be a good addition if even for a short time.

Amanda stopped out to pick up the hoops bringing me a hot chai in exchange :) She had a visit and helped confirm the fully open door hinges on top. I got busy and rehung them only to find the DIY'er who installed may not have been the most accurate. Handles & More replied they tried all distributors as well as in store and even looked for new fully opening and NOTHING!! So it seems new unmatched hardware will go on the bottom and all will wait for help from Sheldon. For sure 4 hands better then 2!

B was coughing a pile so I took her a neocitran which helped. She continues to catch up on TV. The chinook winds howled all day but did hit 6. Off to find more projects, keeping my hands busy is less time to think about scratching ;)

Time to stain the chair I spent hours sanding. I was going to do it dark but thought if I keep it I think maybe lighter. I decided to try my Cece Caldwell Hickory stain and seal all in one, low VOC... hmmm again not sure if I am loving the combo as it dries fast which leaves marks which do not come off easy.. I also am not thrilled with the color totally as it seems a bit of an orange hue??

 top raw wood, bottom first coat going on
 after messing with the rungs and such I pulled apart for much faster way
reusing newspaper always lets me catch up on stuff but love to have a smiley face with me today ;)

I had planned to plank the top of a SUPER heavy homemade dining table so took it all apart, once all the screws and brackets were finally off I had another possible plan using the base and the leaf... hmmmm


 maybe a small desk??
Back inside, I made a simple supper for a sore throat kid.. She finished season 1 of Vikings today and headed back down to watch more after a hot bath while I updated blog, had a tub and caught up on Netflix too.

No comments:

Post a Comment