Friday, October 16, 2015

town run

Brrr, 1 degree upon waking. Shaina scarfed down more banana bread before off to 9 am shift. She helped me carry in the black dresser too, thanks Dude! I worked on my October contest blog and got it all finished and loaded on the correct websites.

After a shower I looked out to see Pepper again grazing on my lawn and drinking out of the dog pool! Wet hair and housecoat, I headed out and once again put him back on the other side of the fence. 78 acres and he feels the need to finagle his way thru the hot wire to be in the yard!
As always, each project had an opps, seems I forgot one wee inner area on black dresser so painted it up and polyed and the geo table top was splotchy so repainted it too. It was not time to put the mirror back together. The little nails used back then were so soft it was a challenge but I got it done. I just need to wait for Prince to get home to help me reinforce the mirror bracket before it is painted and the entire thing put together. Wait, nope need casters and handles too ;)
I was off to town after lunch stopping at Stouts first to pick up leather for Amanda. Boxes of goodies from Mom needed to be dropped with her too along with the photo frame Craig is kindly taking to Oyen for me, thanks best BIL!! and thanks Barb for yet another purchase ;)
I have a big list to restock at Rona and Walmart as well as quite a few other stops but got them all done. I finished up around 4:30 just in time to meet Grama & Papa at Tim's as they passed thru for a tea and visit. Britt had gotten home at 4 and loved up her animals. She was feeding Miss Bird when I pulled in. We had a hot bowl of soup and then she was off to  Bison's hockey game.

I think I forgot to mention the furnace part had to be ordered from Toronto so no heat till mid-late next week.. hello fluffy housecoat and hoodies!

I did find 2 kinds of casters for the dresser but one set was smaller and white but more antique looking but I think I will go with the larger black more modern, it adds height to this low rider. It also turns out Craig forgot the frame, opps.. next trip! ;)
flash is not a friend for black paint photos but below is true color

No comments:

Post a Comment