Wednesday, October 14, 2015

projects finished ;)

Another beauty day, even awake for sunrise but did fall asleep for a bit after. Soon I was up, showered and out in the garage with my creamed coffee in hand. The dresser got hand rubbed poly. The top shows the sanding areas so once dry another coat of paint went on it then all another hand rubbed poly coat.
darn it.. old pieces are so hard to make smooth
poly fresh on bottom, dry paint on top
 and I have spent time trying to find 4 casters and 4 matching handles, another job of antiques
The table had the black glaze treatment before my full turkey dinner lunch. After I put another coat of varthane on it, two on the top. Tada.. once dry I will bring in and stage tomorrow
  left glaze, right no glaze
The fabulous low wind sunny day called for a nice dog walk meeting a lady at the gate with a hoody. As we arrived back at the house the furnace repair guy arrived but unfortunately the wrong part was ordered, good thing it is 18 out for the last few days but cold is a coming!

I applied the salve and honey to Bird when they were close to the house and have to say almost everyone  has packed on the pounds in the short time they have been out there. Winter fur is coming in too. Life is good for the herd.

I watched the last inning of the Blue Jays win enjoying banana bread for my supper. It was then back out to work of the projects. The octagonal table got a sand and 2 coats poly on top and left to dry. I distressed the edges of the dresser drawers and rubbed poly on. Time to paint the mirror but first I took the back off. Yep there was a ton of fuzzy dust hiding out. The mirror was marked made March 30th, 1908!! Vacuum and scrub then paint black coat.
 flash never flatters black ;(
 hahaha extreme dust bunnies


No comments:

Post a Comment