Friday, September 2, 2022

Good News

September 2 already, what the heck. The usual start had additional meds to Jenkins for next 3 mornings. I got him and H fed then the coffee going and marketing. Hoping to beat the heat I headed out to pull weeds and cut back flowers in the back flower bed. The dandelions went to the horses with some dropped apples then I moved to the garden hard pruning the zucchini leaves and squash plants. Of course there was more to harvest as well.

S popped out for a short bit of sun on the deck then back to bed. Now for a shower and to throw the bedding in the wash. Accounting and more marketing including creating even bigger sales on Etsy while I started tracking items to take to my market next weekend was done before I got busy making a fruit spinach salad for lunch. S fell asleep at noon in big brown as I finished them so I ate and got busy prepping the bison short ribs for supper. S woke after 12:30 to eat his salad then back to the chair. He did get the pathology report call from his surgeon with all good news; everything was contained and removed and he is cancer free!!!

I was just starting to brown my ribs when I got the call Dad needed help so finished up the recipe with my own changes. I popped it in the oven and was off to town grabbing the trash to toss On the way after 1. Dad was not having a good and had fallen yet again early this am. He was the crankiest I have seen yet but I did manage to get some of his lunch in and a few sips of ensure. I then took him outside in the hot 33 degree heat with his sweater and winter felt hat on meeting Amanda outside. We sat and visited while he slept in the warm sunshine, took him for a walk then back to sit in the sun for a bit longer. I took him back in at 4, helped the nurse get his BP which was 78/47.  They had me try and get ice water in him but he was not interested so I left him sleeping after a sip. Amanda had headed home and will be back to help with his supper at 5.

I picked up Cooper and was back home at 4:30 in time to feed H and C. S was in bed watching more baseball. I prepped the new potatoes and cauliflower in packs and threw in the oven. My ribs that have been cooking for 3 1/2 hours seemed to have ran out of liquid, dang it but they look tender. Kaylin, Nathan and the pups arrived before 5:30. I sautéed zucchini to add to the rest which was very tender ribs and yummy fresh veggies. Sheldon dressed; first time in 9 days to join us for supper. He and Nathan played a game of crib before and after eating. 


S was then back to bed ditching the shorts, Kaylin helped remake the bed for him as I washed it clean today as Nathan and I went outside. I watered my planters then we went for a pup walk. Kaylin came out to join us as well after tucking S into bed with his baseball. They loaded up and were heading home as B pulled in at 7:30 to do her horse stuff. I continued the laundry and computer work with B off for home after 8:30. Once finished on the computer I put J and Stella in the garage for the night again then headed into bed to watch Making the Cut, S showered then back to his sports.


No comments:

Post a Comment