Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Hot tub form in place

H went out at 1 am then into her kennel for the night as muddy. I was awake at my usual after 7 letting H out hearing her yaking in her kennel, she pooped 3 times then was under an evergreen puking or eating grass. Back in her kennel and resting till her 9 am breakfast. I played some cookie jam after perusing Instagram until S woke then we had a coffee in bed. Another after I fed H. 

We loaded her up and headed to town after 10, S dropped me at my dental appointment then was off to get the hot tub wood and brackets. He was back to pick me up after my filling was complete. Our next stop was to pick up Cooper then back to the ranch after 12. I made the last HF meal; shrimp tacos for a tasty lunch.

We then headed out to install the wood base for the hot tub. It started out sunny and warm plus 9 but a brief snow squall moved thru. We kept going until the sun was back and the base complete. Time for a cold non alcoholic beer (thanks to hello fresh) at 3. S hooked up the dump trailer and took the load of poop to the pit while I loaded the car with Costco returns, backed the car out and fed the dogs in the garage. They will stay there till Britt is out after her board meeting to feed.


laying out the wood to confirm location


The existing landscape tie was removed and a wee bit of one end cut off.


Metal brackets were installed on the bottom side but seemed weak once flipped over. I suggested out fencing lag bolts thru each end which worked great to add more reinforcement.


The entire thing was leveled with some some being scalped off and the frame is complete!

We headed for the city heading first to the spa place to pick up a breaker needed for hooking up before they closed at 5. Next it was to Costco for returns and a few groceries. The search for a supper place lead us on a few wild goose chases but eventually we ended up at our favorite Joeys. The usual beach salad for me and S had fish tacos.. a taco kind of day for him :) We then headed to Nathan's where we parked quick and went up as he was finishing up Beans playtime. 

The fellows were dropped at the saddle dome early for warm up of course at 7 and I went back to play with Beans and Lexi until Kaylin arrived at 8. We visited with Shaina and Emily joining us. I took a ride on the Peleton bike which was enlightening. 

watch these 4 cute puppy videos!!



Shaina was on next and still going when I headed back to the saddle dome to pick up the fellows. Looping back to Nathan's, he was dropped off and I headed home. We arrived back before midnight, unloaded perishable Costco items and when Letting H out for a pee found the Hello Fresh box for the week. Good thing she had to pee as I forgot it was coming. S perused his phone while I started a new series Life After Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment