Thursday, March 17, 2022

Hot tub base & wiring finished

I was awake after 8 which was nice. After letting H out and to the garage I perused Instagram for a bit and played a couple games before I made coffee and brought one into the sleeping prince. I then got busy catching up the blog and posting. Once up and having had a few coffees S went and dumped the wheelbarrow in skid steer to use to move the gravel to the hot tub site and ran to the pit. He also rolled out his wire he wanted to sell. Laundry was underway and other domestic chores after a shower for me.




The last water test was done as I made us a delicious salad to go with the last of the bison goulash for an early lunch. S added green to his beer as well to celebrate St Paddy's. After lunch we headed to town doing a drive by delivery of a product to a gal from Kaylin then to the bank to get the bank draft for the last half of the hot tub. Cable hangers were picked up next then Cooper with the last stop to get the load of gravel. 

It is a beauty day out now at plus 9 and sunny. The dogs were off to play as we got busy filling the hot tub base with gravel and sand, raking, leveling and tamping it flat. The dogs however felt the need to continue walking over it :) After a cold beverage break it was onto the cable installation. While S drilled the hole thru the house wall to the furnace room I took the dogs for a walk.





Once I was back he was ready to attach the cable along the underside of the deck. I got promoted to drill girl even. Once it was all the way to the deck corner post nearest the hot tub location it was time for the electrician to take over. I headed in to prep veggies as after 5 now then do my dreaded home workout.





B was out at 6:30 to feed as I was putting cats away with raw after my workout and S was finishing up the subpanel. The night was beautiful with no wind and sunshine and plus 8. She was off after 7 as we got started cooking supper. The delicious steak supper was enjoyed late at 7:30. I cleaned up while S went to install the cable in the basement panel. 

 

He finished up the hockey game down there and I the blog then we met to soak in the tub chatting that this may be one of the last confined soaks! There are some sore muscles today for both of us. We then watched 2 of the Vikings episodes before lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment