Monday, April 12, 2021

Zipping thru April!

Another day in paradise; up around 6:40 to let H out then put in garage, fall back asleep till before 9 then get her fed. Turn on cap machine as I pass and go let the cats out in house coat then back in to do marketing with a couple caps. Life is good.


3 amigos

Then I headed to the garage to work on the dining set. The chairs had more sanding and touch ups, the really sanded chair needed a coat of boss as leeching thru still too. Remind me why I do this job? Moving on to the table top the edges were touched up and top all lightly sanded then all was clear coated with a sponge. Beautiful. Then I planned to use the sponge to add a clear coat over the white so started on the table legs. All of a sudden yellow started leeching thru due to the moisture in the clear coat!! UGH and I had done 2 legs and I only have about 4 tbps of paint left!! Good thing I noticed. This is NOT going to happen, the dining set will remain matte white.



video of application


yikes look at the yellowing from tannins? but as you see below it is too shiny anyway IMHO


Time for a late lunch around 1:30 eating the left over salad. I love this salad so much but you can totally skip the roasted potatoes esp if serving cold the next day; not the best. But I put them to the side and heated up and ate after. As I was about to head back to the garage the snow started at 2:15. I repainted the 2 legs and chair seat touching up a few more spots then recoated the top. This time I added some white to the clear coat knowing the gal wanted more white. The snow squall lasted about an hour with no accumulation then the sun came out.


adding white to the top clear coat

Inside ai worked on the blog then after an hour went back out to apply a 3rd coat. I put on my toque and warm coat with sunglasses to take H and the kittens for a walk at 4:30. We got back and I was scooping poop just as the weather again turned crappy with clouds rolling in and wind picking up even more. I made a smoothie for supper, did the kefir swap and fed H. I was washing dishes when B arrived. She was off to feed the horses as per usual while Harley and Cooper frolicked. She put the cats away before leaving about an hour later as I was putting a 4th coat on the table top.

Inside I watched a couple kombucha (fermented tea) how toos while marketing but had to shut off and concentrate on writing the tall white dresser tutorial. Then it had to be shared and sent to sponsors. Into bed watching more YouTube. S arrived early after 10:30 today.





No comments:

Post a Comment