Saturday, April 3, 2021

First outdoor trail ride of 2021

H was out at 6:30, to garage with breakfast served after 8:30. We enjoyed a coffee in bed again and while doing so the cash register chimed!! It was a vase sale so I got up and got it all boxed up, documents done and ready to go. 


I was then off to the garage and poured the bone broth into jars and a couple trays then put the bones back in for another round. 



I hauled in this big 22 pound brute to start to thaw in cold water


We headed outside in the sunshine to get busy with yard work. S harrowed the paddocks and I trimmed back all the perennials and pulled dead leaves.



The dining set I have to custom do was delivered after 11:30. B and Cooper pulled in just after the fellow arrived. She left Cooper and off to the city to buy more raw food. S ran to town after lunch with the quad tire and dropped my parcel at the post office. I headed back out to finish the perennial and tree trimming. B was back and scrubbed buckets and started cleaning more in the barn. The clouds had rolled in now making for an over cast with a breeze day.

B ran to town around 2:30 for lunch. S ripped around the yard again with the grader as I painted a couple more vases. We stopped for a cold drink then her and I put the salt tubs back in the shelter and filled them. B was back doing more organizing of things in the barn. It is looking good.




B and I walked out to catch horses at 5 and we took a ride including cowboy S around the east pasture. Things went well until the winter pasture gates where the spirits always seem to rile up the animals. B walked back with Bird while I rode out my antsy prancy pony. We gave them some exercise circles back in the closest paddock while S sat o Pepper and supervised with Harley as his charge. Once untacked and let out S and I came in while Britt caught Roo and rode her in the round pen while Bird ate her food.


We did not catch KD and Roo but they quickly figured out how to race around thru the open gate and get to the barn where we were tacking up :)


I made supper with B finishing just in time to join us. She and C were then off after a bit. After a hockey game ended S went to put the cats away but had a heck of a time with Stella eventually coming in frustrated and giving up. I went out, caught her and tuckered her safely in the shop while the coyotes howled.

No comments:

Post a Comment