Monday, September 28, 2020

Wind so many days in a row

Overcast day but no wind so it is a win. The breakfast search in the grass following a quick potty break was a bit more successful today. Then it was off to let J out and do some kitty conditioning with him and the babies. Inside by 8 to frozen food puzzle for her and couple caps for me. Arrangements for the chair delivery did not goes as planned hoping for tomorrow seeing we have puppy classes that way but will have to figure something out. She hoped for Friday but that is Kaylin's birthday! What, October already??

Back out on the long line for water, more Jenkins exposure, grass time and some long line sniffing... until she found a nest of dead mice and wanted to roll in it! In the garage I repaired the old crate and painted it the creamy milk paint I used on the drum table while H continued to drop the ball or tug at my feet.




In for a bowl of kale salad (this salad seems to be lasting forever) I tried place but no luck so it was kennel time for a nap while I did some work. Britt and Cooper came out to visit after 1 having taken today off. Harley showed her tricks and after a cappuccino we took the dogs for a walk. While we had the cap H waited in the garage but when we went out, I found she had started to pull the stuffing out of the comfy new quilt I put in last night; just like they warned she could not have stuffies or blankets. The wind had rolled in before lunch and so blustery but warm at least hitting 24. The Fedex guy was delivering the dog food to my doorstep as we were heading out so I opened the yard gate. Now that is service with the order going in on Friday.

We walked to the gate and tried to shut it as it has not been fully closing in this wind as of late but no luck. We felt the space is not enough for a horse to fit thru so left it and continued around the west and south side and back to the shop. The dogs and I waited in the cool grass while B tried to call around the bales for the mystery cat I saw last night; nothing. Then the dogs got some free time in the round pen then to the deck for water. B sat with them while I refilled the water and got J's bucket and refilled and took back to barn.

H went to the garage again to relax as much cooler and we went in to have a bowl of chili for an early supper at 4 and watch Ellen. B and Cooper then hit the couch for a nap. I rousted her after 6 when I was taking H out for a walk and found Roo pacing the fence line while the other horses were in the paddock. She went and caught her and put in paddock then fed Bird and played with kittens for a bit. I took the dogs to the play pen then H and I watched horses for awhile and walked the yard before coming inside. B and C headed home after 7.

While H rested in office kennel I took a shower then worked on the blog while she she paced a bit then slept on the big cushion. She did not even want to move at 9 to go outside the big lug. She changed her mind when I started to put the tablet in my room and prep for bed. We stepped out on the deck only to have the horses blast by us. She calmly stood and watched as I called B to ask had she not shut yard gate which was a "no, I thought Dad was coming home". They raced back towards the gate and again she just watched. I took her back inside and headed to the gate in my short housecoat to shut it. My phone light to guide me in the dark I could not see if they went out for sure but turned to find Pepper picking up the rear still in the yard. I shooed him out and they were just on the other side of the fence waiting. Gate up I went back and got H for her potty loop and off to bed in the garage kennel. I quickly mixed up the sour dough loaf for Prince then crawled into bed and watched MORE training videos till S rolled in just before 11 and lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment