Sunday, September 6, 2020

Rain finally

Stupid magpies had me awake after 7 as they were eating the last of my very few apples on the tree and picking in the garden, grr. I perused the net but got up by 9 and made a cappuccino. The big rain has yet to come. There were 7 drops on the window at 9 but then nothing. I wrote a tutorial for the round stenciled coffee table before driving to the winter pasture gates to open for the horses and put up the yard hot wire.

Another bridle was sold so I packaged it up and got the label on. S finally got out of bed after 12. He did get up to make himself coffee then back to bed. He called HR and with his cold it seems he is to self quarantine for 10 days. After chowing down he moved to big brown. I headed out to the garage to start the custom table. It was hand sanded then hauled out to power sand. 


The customer bought this freshly painted in a white base and grey top 





Then once all the hand sanding was finished it was hauled back in and a coat of dark stain finishing oil applied. Then I hauled out the latest coffee table and sanded edges. S did get dressed and leave the house at 2:30 to hang the gate then back to big brown.



Britt and the gaggle arrived as I was spraying the sanded edges of the coffee table with shellac. She trimmed Bird while I caught Switch then she and I went for a very relaxed ride thru the winery. Back at the barn it was herbs for them and released back into the winter / 3 paddocks. They never went out once in the big field so in for the night. B loaded up the gang and off to town around 4:30. I dug fresh potatoes on my way past for supper. But first a hot soak in the tub as the bones are aching. S followed suit while I prepped supper.

Rain finally came down after 6 in a slow drizzle. B said they had been getting it in town since am, ;(. Tonight was an early to bed night. We started a movie with a smoothie I whipped up to soothe the throats but soon turned it off as lost interest. S went to sleep and I watched 1 Good Girls then started season 2 of Trinkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment