Wednesday, October 23, 2019

WINDY day

The wind picked up again in the night sometime and was raging when I awoke and continued all day.  Perfect tine to get to work in the garage on the rulers after my usual marketing/cappuccinos. The weathered ruler is too purple for me so I dry brushed white on it to add to the old wood look; better. It was then clear coated both sides.


The 2 dark stained ones were clear coated on the back then flipped to get the stencilling in white done. The customer wanted the numbers horizontal rather then ruler like so that required a bit of brain gyming not to auto fill the spots :) While they dried I stenciled the grey ruler.


I donned my jacket and took the horses more salt and pills when they came in for water, brrrrr.

Not being a fan of the weathered accelerator I chose to go with the ebony stain finishing oil on the coffee table top instead. Much better but I found out staining over it is not recommended ;( dang it. Seeing I had ebony on the paper towel I rubbed over the touch ups on the end tables I had hauled inside.


Lunch at 12:30 before I headed back out to start clear coating the 3 rulers. I washed up the brushes and tidied the workshop coming back in at 2:30/ I got all the garbage together and had it loaded up and was off to town before 3. First stop the dump to get rid of the stinky garbage bag and grab the mail. Next was to fuel up before I was empty then grab a hot pumpkin spice tea and off to let Cooper out. Britt has a supper/meeting after work and won't be home till 9 or so so he needed a potty break.  He quickly did his business then back inside. B had a gingersnap that went will with my tea, thanks B!



I was then off to Amanda's where she gave me a couple in hair cut before 4 and heading for home at 5 after a visit. The wind has finally let up considerably now. Hello Fresh from last night was a yummy fast supper while I caught the news after putting another coat of clear on the rulers.

Armed with a decaf cappuccino I wrote a tutorial for the window frame chalkboard while watching 4 more episodes of Interior Design Masters. Then it was off to read more of the Hutterite book.

No comments:

Post a Comment