Monday, October 7, 2019

Last day of fall maybe

I was awake before 6 and try as I might there was no going back to sleep. The sunrise was incredible today. I enjoyed it while marketing and writing up 3 post on my Hometalk page to keep my feature rating up. I made my usual cappuccinos while doing so.




I created a new FB cover photo collage.


S coffee pot went off after 8:30 and seeing he was not coming out I took him a steaming mug after 9 as he was coming to life. The wind picked up around 10, they are forecasting a drop of up to 20 degrees overnight and snow to roll in ;( Good thing we got lots done yesterday at least.

Around 10:30 prince headed out to check his magpie trap he set yesterday; no luck. I went to the garage and sanded the parts of the nightstand I filled last week, removed the hardware and filled the holes as the new hardware will be different size and location.


The old frame was glued and clamped then in for our lunch. There was time for a bit of a rest for Mr K, a shower and packing his back pack before he and I set out. I was off to town to let Cooper out seeing Britt has stuff at the other place to do after work. S dropped off my giveaway gift in Langdon as well as the ball to the guy borrowing our skid steer and dump trailer still. In town I grabbed a few groceries including a turkey for upcoming Thanksgiving, a pumpkin spice tea and some fancy bubble wrap kraft paper for furniture. I think it will be great to have for some of the pieces that head out with nothing.


Then it was off to let out Coop. He however was very anxious as the workers were pounding on the remodel next door as well as the guy across the alley. The backyard was not where he wanted to be. I could not find a leash so improvised with a strap off B's suitcase and took him for a walk in the nearby "forest". He peed quick and back we went to the safety of the couch ;)





On my way home I stopped to buy some of the pretty blue contact paper B had me install under her sinks. I think it will work in a few drawers. I was back at the ranch by 3 as the wind continued to blow.

Supper was staggered with salad at 4, sauteed zucchini at 5 and a smoothie at 7 after I was out sanding the nightstand and adding a bit more filler to each hole. I also got out a new growth ruler board and sanded it ready for a custom order.

I soaked in the tub before crawling into bed, just before 9 the wind got even crazier!! It is going to be a long night for the poor horses and dog I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment