Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Snow day!! Back to projects

Again it was the usual wake before 6 fall back asleep and up for the day after 7. Today it was snowed in as they forecast, not going to Calgary today. I am sure the horses were not impressed with the 20 degree drop in temps and I have not heard from Lola. She must be hunkered down under the deck. I made a cappuccino and crawled back in bed to cruise thru Instagram then off to the computer to update some pickups, finish the birthday party post and write a tutorial for the vanity stool.


Out in the garage I got busy on projects. I painted the growth ruler its first coat of grey on both sides.


Between sides, the nightstand was sanded yet again and scrubbed clean. While it dried I got busy with the old window frame. Using the bits of milk paint I had left in the fridge it was completely painted.





Now while all dried I came in for lunch before 1. I rustled Lola up from her under deck hibernation when I went back to garage around 2. She ate and headed right back out. I painted a coat of yellow milk paint over the navy blue.


The drawer fronts had a second and third coat between projects. The ruler was sanded all sides and a second coat on the front.


The nightstand body was painted its first coat of white but the wood seems to be bleeding thru so a spray coat of shellac was next.




All were left to dry and I came in at 4. While watching Ellen I put away all the items I had in the hutch in the garage for staging and broke a silver plate while doing so ;(


The ornate table top was addressed first being wiped with mineral spirits, a quick sand and a fresh coat of the teal.



Seeing I had the brush dirty I cleaned up the latest smooth jewelry box I wanted to decoupage and gave it a coat of teal too. News said there was a 21 degree drop since yesterday at same time ;(



I actually cooked up some zuccinni and chicken for supper with pie for dessert. I best freeze the last few pieces before they are gone! A trip back to the garage had the nightstand sprayed again, the ruler touched up, the drawers painted a 4th coat then all left to dry overnight.


I tried to continue reading the 100 year old man book but it does not catch my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment