Thursday, May 9, 2019

Yard work day

My wakeup call was from Deb excited to confirm plans to come for a visit in a month. Shaina was up and out the door at 9 to train as we chatted. Of course a couple cappuccinos were in order then it was on to marketing. Lola was barking and I looked out to see a coyote not far from her. Even with me shouting it was not to concerned. I put on some flip flops and hiked on over to shoo it off. Lola did charge it once I got close but it still was not to worried. It did eventually move south so I called her back and off on the fence patrol and I came in to get dressed.




I decided to plant a few potato as it was SOOOOOO nice out. Both flower beds and planters were watered and some dandelions dug for the horses. That led to digging out the 3 evergreens, getting the ranger out and loading them up.  I tossed a bale for the horses since the ranger was loaded. Off to the tree line. I planted 2 at the south end and one in a hole in the main row. I  then went back and dug the last 2 and went back to the south, dug them back up and put the 4 along the main row where there were 2 more missing trees. Next it was clipping all the seed pods off the lilacs at the house. I was finishing them up as Shaina pulled in after 1.


these caragana's need a new home, anyone?


yoga on horseback


I made her and I a bacon tomato sandwich but she cooked up an egg to add to hers too ;) We then went out and caught Switch and KD. I trimmed her front feet before we rode. It was such a lovely day to ride at 19 according to our thermometer. Lola came along as usual too. Once back I trimmed her back feet, sprayed them with ACV/TTO (can you guess what that is?) and set them free.

It was now 4 so S ate a snack before she was off to town to meet Craig before 5 then do her usual boot camp and training night. I headed out to transplant chicks and hens to the front flower bed and water them in good. I looped the longish grass areas with the lawn mower too, first partial grass cut of the year.


Time to eat after 6 with a cold beer before getting the pink dresser listed for sale on all the sites. The navy table needed a coat of wax after the poly left a wee mark, OCD. I got Lola in for the night, it seems the poor girl has a bad case of diahrea which I think must be caused from a calf hide she and Cooper had found ;( Time to shower and start the new Ted Bundy movie on Netflix. I did not finish it before shutting out the lights. Must have been an exhausting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment