Friday, May 3, 2019

Wood sourced

Friday May 3rd, wow. I was awake and quietly perusing Instagram till just before Rosie got busy. It is clean the house Friday of course. I went out and set the barriers and moved pieces for her to get around. This is seeming like more work then needed for sure but will give it a few more weeks. Laundry was started and coffee in bed for the prince while I had mine marketing. I had posted my tub tray on Instagram this morning and instantly had a few interested. One was serious though so sorted thru details and got a list together seeing I had a growth ruler deposit sent yesterday too.


These were from May 1 but it is a usual morning around here for this crew
our robins are back, all 8+ of them


I showered quick and after pondering running to the city where we know there is a better selection of wood, we chose town trying a few more stores. Before heading in S went out and pounded in a few more tree fertilizer spikes while I redirected Rosie to a new cleaning area and put the latest chair back together and snapped a few photos.



At 11 we were off to town first stop another building store with not wood working wood, then tax paper drop off, fuel fill and def fluid fill for S... boring, then finally to Rona to find wood. We found an assortment we thought would work. Check out posed a problem and eventually they sent us home with a free board which was good because once back home we found both the others were warped! A quick stop at the rummage sale looking for a glass 2 cup measuring (no luck) then booze stock up, the mail and home.


This was when I found the boards warped and not able to sit flush on tub edges..grrrr. We ate leftovers as it was now almost 2. S not wanting to go out in the breezy 4 degrees offered to run back to town and see if there was any straight ones. He also had oil change stuff to buy he forgot too. I stayed home and got to work on the sideboard I posted if grey or navy should be its color. Scrubbed up was first step. When dry it was sanded and wiped back.


Sorting my rummage sale treasures was next project. I had a few things on my list and I found the; bread box, mug tree, glass lidded jars, men’s valet and of course some frames. S found a nice straight board and along with it and the growth ruler board I got them sanded and the first coat of stain on both sides. S went to move his tractor but seemed to break a hose and need skid steer to get it sorted. I ran out to give horses supplements, it is brisk. Just rain already.




We barbequed bison steak for supper even though it was a bit blustery. I put a second coat of stain on the projects both sides. Our evening entertainment was The Dirt on Netflix. It was a good movie, wow the Crue had quite a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment