Thursday, September 6, 2018

some go out some come in ;)

B was off early to work, coffee was slow to arrive in bed today but made it around 9. The drop off gal messaged she would be delayed until after which was ok as we needed to put the horses in the paddock, open the gates and move stuff around the garage. The garage got a sweeping too as both vehicles were out and things sorted and moved. It seems I need more pairs of dolly wheels ;)

The fellow to see the armoire arrived at 11, he liked he measured and thought it would fit in his SUV however once we had the beast out and attempting to load in it was not able to get past the wheel wells so onto a scooter trolley in the garage and covered for him to pick up next week. A least he paid for it and took 2 drawers ;)


As he was chatting the drop off gal arrived with her antique hutch and buffet. He was off and we got it unloaded and she chatted for sometime before heading on her way. time for a grilled cheese for lunch rousting Shaina to join us before she got ready and was off for her 1 pm tournament shift. S had a lazy boy rest while I headed out to start on the custom piece seeing it was such a gorgeous day at 25 full sun. I was sanding the piece but the top was just to messy so I stripped and sanded it completely down then moved on to scrubbed it all down good and clean.


 

Up from his nap, S headed to the shop to prep his trench plan for network cable to be ran from shop to house. He also took a run with the ranger to shoot the pesky gopher we have but did not spy the 2nd one. His next project was pulling the old fence posts along the south paddocks where we put up the new rails last year. I got started on a cabinet project I have had awhile as well seeing I had all the scrubbing stuff out. The removal of the fret work was a bit of a challenge but the scrubbing turned out to be worse. It seems the old finish would scrub off but oddly not completely so I spent a couple hours scrubbing and scrapping with a razor blade.




By 6 I called it quits to come in and shower up and start supper but it seems we were out of a few things for the steak I had taken out so we saved it for tomorrow. S showered and we headed to town at 7 to grab Vietnamese before he dropped me at my lash appointment then ran a few errands which included picking up his birthday present delivered to Paetz's and some groceries before he picked me back up after 9. Back home Britt was eating leftovers having cleaned more at the new place after work for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment