Saturday, September 29, 2018

Finished the dining table

Saturday had a slow start relaxing and catching up on Instagram with my latte's, today is international coffee day you know!! And what goes better then caramel chocolate, this yummy bar is from B's trip to Europe and I had it tucked away, still tasty B, XOXOX Thanks!!


In the garage I put another natural stain coat on the dining table and added a darker wax to the base, it is almost ready to go. The 2 new projects each got a coat of black wax too.

 wash paint above and with black wax below

I donned a heavy winter coat, grabbed the meds and headed out to the horses in far pasture corner. Bird and Hawk got their does but Roo had other ideas again. Following her around on foot got tiring and once she started to run and buck I used the quad to move them to the paddock by the house. Still she was not wanting to be caught so I filled the salt/mineral tub and being to curious she came to check that out only to be caught. She is really not enjoying this 5 day regime of crappy tasting dewormer and is now thinking rearing can get her loose. Nope and after getting it in her I had her walk around with me to open gates and such before her release. Poor Pepper seemed to have an exaggerated breathing issue but eventually it returned to normal, poor old guy.


Back inside it was time to warm up as the brisk 4 degrees feels like winter is coming. The rustic cream table set blog post was posted and shared. I chopped up a Japanese salad before heading back to the garage. Buff the waxed pieces and put together and clean glass and the dining table had dark wax added to the table edges.

Then it was inside to get some pictures, which led to a bit of cleaning and adding CM stickers to the bottoms and so on. I moved our dining table and chairs out and brought in Sharon's table to finish drying inside. I also glued 2 new dowels in so cant push together till dry.





I finally got my cell phone package posted for sale too




Back in the garage I started some black board projects. The glass from the frame I painted a few weeks back was cleaned as well as a new large frame with glass and 2 cabinet doors. They however needed wood filler in holes and plastic inserts removed first then all got 1 coat of black chalkboard paint. I shut production down at 8 and came in to soak in the tub and watch This is Us and could only make it till after 11 tonight, go figure!



No comments:

Post a Comment