Saturday, May 9, 2015

seeding!

Sunny Saturday, Sheldon was up and had coffee going, delivered one to me in bed and was off to Matt's to prepare for todays crop seeding. Britt was up soon after and off to work for 10. I was updating the blog, landscape map and watering grass. It was not long and Sheldon was back with a huge potted plant and belt sander for mothers day, AWE, thanks hun!~
We jumped in the truck just after 10 and headed over to a neighbor that has trees for sale then another neighbors to look at his arena for some ideas. Back at the ranch Sheldon worked on installing the tack room window and latch stuff he picked up this am as well.
After lunch I brought Switch out and did some lawn mowing with hobble training while I picked up yet more dog crap. The first implement arrived and the boys loaded it up with the oats. The fellow started at 2 and in 25 minutes was done the 40 acres. I could not find Sheldon, seems he was on a ride along the whole time, getting in his seeding fix. Not long and the Pro Till was here kicking up dust and again I believe he was riding shot gun! I had caught Bird and put both girls in the round pen to mow some lawn there but as usual Bird eats.. like a bird!




 the girls had fun kicking and playing, self exercise ;)






Once the dust storm settled about an hour after starting, the seed is all in and ready for rain. I worked during the dust storm in the garage distressing the trunk and painting moms 2 growth rulers up. Britt got home from work just after Sheldon got back home. She helped put horses back in the pasture and had grabbed some groceries too. I outlined the rulers and she kindly painted one for me.
The grass on the south side of the house got watered along with the front flower bed. I ran the rain water tanks out, now we really need rain. Supper was barbecued burgers and once done Britt was off to town to work on her grad t-shirt, Sheldon showered and spent rest of the night watching hockey. I waxed the trunk, took the dogs for a good long walk in the evening sunshine then painted the last growth ruler numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment