Friday, March 20, 2015

first day of spring my butt

Today while reading my morning tidbits, I saw this crazy coffee recipe. I have heard of it before and even Papa said he tried it so I thought, sounds easy enough. Grind some fresh coffee and vitamix it up, I served Britt one in bed, she was on Thursday schedule today so a late start to her school day. Both of us found it intriguing.
 she might eat trees but this is her morning snuggle
The -1 temperature had a frosty ground covering but soon fog rolled in, of course in time for B's drive to school. They say it is to be a lower temp day, next few actually, dang I was just starting to enjoy spring coming.
I put the dresser together for the buyer, nice dove tail drawers 
A gal organizing the tea/trade show stopped to deliver some windows and pick up our forms. She also got a mini paint lesson before she was off. I fed the cats and jumped in the truck off to have a tea at Sharon's/ Her saddle maker dad repaired a bridle for me, thanks Stan! We enjoyed a nice chat for a couple hours.
Switch has wintered well
but she is still not to fat to fly!
It was snowing lightly as I left heading back to the ranch and the day continued to stay around zero and be foggy, cloudy and ice in the air ;( I got busy painting a stool for Sharon in a new paint Home Hardware sells now instead of my favorite APC. I am not overly impressed but managed to get a look I think she liked.Travis dropped off 2 wood spools for me, thanks TJ and he jetted off to high river for parts.


Time to paint up some more chalkboards for the sale as well as paint the jewelry box and its plastic faux glass in chalk paint too. The frame and jewel box got 2 coats of paint as did the chalkboard pieces.



before and after

Britt worked till 7 and grabbed a bag of leggings for me.. yep, need some more! She had 5 girlfriends come out for a games night. Well these girls know how to have a fun time, fancy glasses all bedazzled, a margarita mixer and all the booze required to make pina colada's, margaritas, dacari's and so on. Most slept over but 2 had to get picked up as they leave for badminton on a bus at 6 am!





No comments:

Post a Comment