Thursday, March 12, 2015

antique dresser started

What a great sunny start to Thursday! It is going to be another fantastic day. Today is Creative Moments 2nd anniversary! Yeah me! Britt enjoyed her slow start morning as I got ready to start a new dresser project. This one is an antique and they always come with lots of repairs so that was my morning.


 broke legs, chipped veneer, warped drawers, drawer runners loose....



 then gets good scrub and hose
It seems the wind arrived after lunch and a strong one at that, being plus 16, it did dry the roads but also the pastures, is this a good thing so early? Sheldon was done early and arrived home just after 1 as I jumped back into the car and headed to town. I restocked beer and baileys, #1 job of the day then ran a few more errands before hitting my acupuncture appointment.
 repairs curing
After a late night, with even his friend sleeping over at the girls, and a short last work day Sheldon napped once home but did get busy grading and leveling the gravel in yard and drive which is always nice. I worked on the dresser more before it was supper and time to walk the dogs now that the wind settled down.
 I built up the leg
 and repaired veneer on the other side





Hot relaxing tub after a hard day, I went back out and fiddled with the built up leg having to rebuild.. dang it! Britt worked again until late the hard worker!

No comments:

Post a Comment